Forster Jumping Fleas First Performance in front of an Audience!

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Australia Day (which is considered Australia's Birthday) is celebrated every January 26th and this year, our uke group, 'The Forster Jumping Fleas' was asked to perform at an Australia Day Ceremony at our local Bowling Club (Lawn Bowls.)

It was the Club's first performance & unfortunately, I was not able to attend, being in Tasmania for a family wedding! ABout half of our group attended & acquitted themselves well!

I am told there was even a standing ovation at the end ..... tho others may recall the National Anthem starting up immediately afterwards!! :eek:

All up, everyone had a fun time & said they would do it again!

Enjoy

Roberta

Now, everyone can sing along with themselves!!

my dial officially has a smile on it that refuses to leave. that had so much joy it's ridiculous. Make sure you're in the next one Roberta! Congratulations on the first gig under the belt you guys, you were all awesome, loved it. :)

Aloha Eugene,
Yes she was in Hobart at that time....too bad you both were in different cities..
Roberta they look like a really fun group...Hey Big Al would feel at home with them....thank you for sharing..

great stuff, really enjoyed the concert

Thanks guys - they really did us proud!! They all really did enjoy themselves - Sue & Kim were giggling BIGTIME there!

Our 2nd session of the year starts in 1/2hr so I'd better put my skates on! :)

Yes, I was in beautiful downtown Tasmania at the time of the concert - in Hobart, attending my nephew's wedding!!! One of my brothers purchased a beautiful 'smaller than' soprano uke & my sister took hers down with her & my other brother took his Mainland Banjo uke with him & they had a couple of jam sessions as well!!

And the weather was even fantastic as well! One wet day & the others all in the high 20s & even hit 30C!!

My husband even had a go on my sister's uke too! :) THen my brother & I & My Brother & my husband!

P1280073.jpgP1280074.jpgP1280076.jpg

Cheerio

Roberta

Top Bottom