Collings: behind the scenes

Nice video. Some good quotes in there. My new UT1-koa arrives tomorrow so this was just what I needed for the wait...

seems like you are dealing with some great craftsman,

I enjoyed that. I liked his comments about worn guitars being the best looking. I like it because I got 2 worn Collings that I like to play.

Nice video. Some good quotes in there. My new UT1-koa arrives tomorrow so this was just what I needed for the wait...

couloirman, you will not be disappointed, the UT-1K is a fantastic uke! I've had one for about a year and it has really openend up since I first got it. Enjoy!

nice post Dean. I've had this on my favourites list for awhile now....just amazing builders. Their skills in guitar construction have definitely transferred to our little friend. Cheers mate :)

I like the fact that they have Bruce Van Wart in the video. He got ripped for his playing skills for the 2012 NAMM review but on here, he is shown as Master Luthier and not master ukulele player!! LOL

At 2:50, It looks like Bruce is outlining the cut of a ukulele on the wood.

Thanks for posting that Dean. It was nice to see Bruce Van Wart using a Lie Nielson block plane. The finest planes made today, IMO.

I like that hes not a player but loves to build, just like me. I play a little but not a player. I knew there were more like me out there.

Thanks for sharing. My first Collings, a pretty little UC-1, should be here Friday. I agree that this makes the wait a little easier, or maybe not!

Top Bottom