Jake's book now delayed..hey! what the hey?

Gwynedd

Reaction score
I just got a note from Amazon that Jake Shimabukuro's new book Peace Love Ukulele is now not shipping until at least the end of Feb. You can of course place an advance order, which I did because I think it helps them decide the initial printing order, but I'm still kinda impatient. It was supposed to come this week.

Oh well. As exciting as arrival of the book will be, it will be my music-stand candy for a while anyway.

I just got a note from Amazon that Jake Shimabukuro's new book Peace Love Ukulele is now not shipping until at least the end of Feb. You can of course place an advance order, which I did because I think it helps them decide the initial printing order, but I'm still kinda impatient. It was supposed to come this week.

Yep, I got the same e-mail from Amazon.

Me too. I figured I waited this long, a couple of more weeks won't hurt.

–Lori

Still better than the original shipping date . . . jus sayin' . . .

It's possible that they've gotten more orders than their original shipment can fill, and they're having to delay some shipments. That would explain why some users are getting different delay notifications (I haven't gotten any notification at all, and it still estimates online it'll ship sometime in the next week). Those who ordered more recently may not get their books as soon.

BN also has an indefinite shipping delay, avoid AMAZON while you can!

I ordered mine through Jake's website, it seems to be coming via Music Dispatch; and so far I have not received anything about a delay.

Of course that doesn't mean there won't be one, and I haven't got a shipping notice either.

I feel for all ya all........but just to give a little hope......... I ordered mine @ 5:18 PM on 2/7/12 from Amazon and got a shippment confirmation today 2/8/12 with a delivery estimate for Saturday 2/11/12. Here are the tracking scans:

Date Time Location Event Details
February 8, 2012 03:51:00 PM Phoenix AZ US Departure Scan
February 8, 2012 02:24:00 PM Phoenix AZ US Arrival Scan
February 8, 2012 --- US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I feel for all ya all........but just to give a little hope......... I ordered mine @ 5:18 PM on 2/7/12 from Amazon and got a shippment confirmation today 2/8/12 with a delivery estimate for Saturday 2/11/12. Here are the tracking scans:

I feel robbed. I pre-ordered on Amazon and they just informed me it is delayed until the end of the month.

It seems that they dont expect so many order in the first print, so ran out of all available one on hands.

I ordered mine on Amazon on Jan 1, and their estimate is Feb 29- Mar 7th. However, sometimes Amazon sends things much earlier than they estimate, so you never know. Let us know when yours arrives.

–Lori

They haven't changed my shipping date yet but expect an email soon. I'm a little bummed as I was going to get it signed by Jake at his concert Feb 19th. Oh well, life goes on

I got shipping notice from Music Dispatch last night. I ordered February 4.

I hope the big stores come through quick for you guys!

No email from amazon stating a delay yet, but i preordered mine on the day it became available i believe.

They haven't changed my shipping date yet but expect an email soon. I'm a little bummed as I was going to get it signed by Jake at his concert Feb 19th. Oh well, life goes on

I think there might be a good chance that they will have some of those tab books on sale at the concert.

Top Bottom