Vintage Martin Soprano Ukulele - 1932/1933

jmanzatt

Reaction score
This is a beautiful style 1 soprano from either 1932 or 1933 (label on front, still has bar frets). It's in excellent condition with only minor playing wear, no cracks or anything like that.

I inherited this a little while ago and tried getting used to it, but I simply don't play it enough to keep. I simply feel more comfortable holding a tenor, so even though the sound on this is amazing, I'm gonna get the larger uke.

The case is from the same era. It's a little beat up on the outside, but still does the job, and definitely adds to the vintage appeal. I can send whoever's interested larger pictures if requested.

I'm asking $775 obo (including shipping).

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 0 119.jpg
    0 119.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 0 103.jpg
    0 103.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 0 094.jpg
    0 094.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 0 093.jpg
    0 093.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 61
Looks nice, jman.

Since I got here first, let me suggest that you add a photo with your uu handle and the date posted. I think some folks might be worried that your not a real person!

Sorta looks like John, but if you look at the size of the handle for scale comparison it looks like a soprano...love the vintage purple lined case.. most.....but it's a nice uke...good luck on the sale....

Hmmm... Forgive my naivete, but I'm unfamiliar with why anyone but a real person would post here. I guess dealers must post here, or something? Anyhow, I just checked to make sure... I'm real, alright! Anyone interested, I'll definitely send more pics of any angle or close-up that they'd like. I'm not a uke pro, so I wasn't sure what pics to post. As far as the angle of the tuners, yeah, it makes 'em look bigger, but it's definitely a soprano. I took it to a woman at a local guitar shop who specializes in vintage ukuleles, and she gave me a pretty good run-down about it, and offered to buy it for a little less if I don't sell it here.

Thanks for all the comments, it's very cool to find a site with so many enthusiasts! I wish people lived close so I could get together and have a little jam session before I let it go... I'll definitely have to record a little tune on it first!

What Jamie was alluding to we're the guidelines for selling ukes here.

One is a photo of the uke with your screen name and the posting date. Kind of like a photo taken of a kidnapped person. That is to make sure it's or someone posting from a catalog just to get our hard earned funds...

You can read the guidelines I the thread titles READ-BEFORE-POSTING

Good luck with your sale.

Hmmm... Forgive my naivete, but I'm unfamiliar with why anyone but a real person would post here. I guess dealers must post here, or something? Anyhow, I just checked to make sure... I'm real, alright! Anyone interested, I'll definitely send more pics of any angle or close-up that they'd like. I'm not a uke pro, so I wasn't sure what pics to post. As far as the angle of the tuners, yeah, it makes 'em look bigger, but it's definitely a soprano. I took it to a woman at a local guitar shop who specializes in vintage ukuleles, and she gave me a pretty good run-down about it, and offered to buy it for a little less if I don't sell it here.

Thanks for all the comments, it's very cool to find a site with so many enthusiasts! I wish people lived close so I could get together and have a little jam session before I let it go... I'll definitely have to record a little tune on it first!

Top Bottom