Unable to Navigate HMS Website

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Add me to the list. I am unable to navigate this site. My computer keeps telling me there are errors on the page, keeps re-opening the same page. Locked up my computer twice in 5 minutes. I wonder if that "virus/Malware" they had screwed up their system? Any ideas? I know I'm not the only one.

When I try to go to the site, my McAfee antivirus software warns me not to go. Once I get there, I have trouble with the dropdown menus (i.e., the "shop by" menu). I believe HMS redesigned the site a little while ago. The site has been buggy since then.

Just accessed The Ukulele Site and had no problems navigating from page to page.

HMS website is hosted by Dreamhost.

As an IT guy that is pretty much all I need to know.

Dreamhost has a history of reliability issues. I personally know of many big churches that have migrated away from their services.

I will never use them nor recommend them.

no problems navigating from page to page.[/QUOTE]

I see these scripting engines incorporated into the site:

theukulelesite.com
googleapis.com
youtube.com
youtube-nocookie.com
authorizenet.com
dreamhosters.com
gostorego.com
ytimg.com
google-analytics.com

That's a lot of servers that have to work just right and coupled with the navigational graphics the site is built with, I can see how complaints happen. I didn't look at the size of the jpgs of the ukes, but they shouldn't be more than 30k each. Your own connection has to be reasonably swift to download all that stuff.

It's working fine for me, I like the organization of the site and I can find things quickly. If you're on dialup or using Internet Explorer things could be sluggish. Another reason to abandon IE and use Firefox with the Adblocker and Noscript addins.

2nd look - I see images coming from gostorego of 447k, 341k, 184k, 121k. Hope that's a fast server.

Last edited:
I have problems with the site when I'm at work and on a PC (using IE), and that's with a very fast connection. While at home on my mac, it works flawlessly. I had no problems with the site at work before the re-design.

the site works fine for me, it is the money i need to hang out therevi can not access lol

Over here the HMS site works very slow some times, and sometimes I have to hard kill my browser and start over again. On other days the site works fine, but it's always a bit on the slow side.

I am having alot of trouble with their site as well. My PC goes blank and then it says the tab has been recovered and goes to the home page but then I can't go to any of the catagories that are supposed to drop down and give choices. Something is amiss. This is the only place I have trouble.

Aloha. We apologize for some bugs but the site is not exactly correctly especially with iPad and Internet explorer. If you open in another browser should be fine. We can't seem to get the drop downs to work correctly but have added a line when you click on it to shop by brand price or size. Thanks for your patience and emails on the problems as that helps us fix them.

By the way we are no longer with dream host but have moved to a secured https site not really hack able and served now by magenta...this one one of the main reasons for the move to a really secure site....

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum, but my name is Andrew and I've been running the ukulele site. We really appreciate the feedback. It is an entirely new site that has only 3 months work from the ground up. We will continually be working to improve browser compatibility, load speed, navigational ease, etc.. along with regular additions of sound samples, lessons, etc.. We already have over 400 videos from the past few years. The site is more secure than ever and the e-commerce section is much easier to use (should be). Magenta seems to be the latest, greatest from what I've found and it is only a matter of time to get it optimal. Also- It's been real great to be working with Aratani! And having few hundred ukes on our walls, some even hanging from our store's ceiling. One great thing about working with MGM is that he's close friends with some of the best uke builders on the island, so the most epic Hawaiian instruments have been coming thru. Hopefully now we can keep stocked with the best. We'll keep adding samples, reviews, etc, to really try help you :) & Glad to actually join this forum... finally! These three young guys that started and run UU have been a big blessing to the worldwide Uke community. Big Props to Aldrine, Ryan, and Aaron!

@Senystretch- maybe you could help me out? Perhaps even trade for a uke? Lmk!

Aloha.

Top Bottom