Ukulele Uff and Lonesome Dave

Ukulele_Lady

Reaction score
Hi Folks!! Here's something you're going to love! Ukulele Uff and Lonesome Dave from Liverpool playing some hot favourites of the 1920's. I finally harassed my very talented fiance and his very talented friend into getting some videos on you tube, which is long overdue.

The songs we've uploaded were filmed in the Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool just 2 weeks ago, there are 5 all in all.

12th Street Rag - http://youtu.be/LOEqHoCl4AI

Charley My Boy - http://youtu.be/5Vyy59AUpoM

man this is unbelievable. Best thing I've seen in some time. Talented fiance???? He he...that's an understatement if ever there was one. To me this is as good as it gets. My hat is on the floor and my jaw is aching from grinning. FABULOUS!!!! Utterly blown away...hmmm...I run out of superlatives. Instant favourites, all of em. Bring em out to OZ to open for the Uke Orchestra of Great Britain. Oh, and bring the Mamies out too!!!:cool:

hahaha Jon! I'm glad you like them so much!! That's nice coming from you too, a man of excellent taste and talents. I am a big fan of theirs, Chris (Uff) has been playing uke in our living room solidly for a few years now but not really played it out and about much..he's a double bass player in his regular band..but he's got so good!! And as a fan of youtube and the uke community in general I had to make them post online for you all, I think they do such a good job on the old songs, and isn't it always lovely to hear someone doing a good job of the old songs? I've enjoyed many great videos through being on this site even a tiny bit. (we've been thoroughly enjoying you and Eugenie!)

Oh my, Everyone is eloquent in their praise. I only have two words. Ditto & WOW!

Gotta bump this, because if folks have not been exposed to these fellows, the ought to. This is how it's done kids...amazing

Got their cd this week, and I'm blown away!

These guys are amazing.

For me, they were the revelation of last year when they crawled out of the Liverpoolian woodwork and played in Caldogno and Dun Laoghaire. Got lost with them in Venice, almost had to swim back to the hotel. They're great guys (and so are the flamin' mamies).

From what I hear it would be hard to find a festival this side of the pond where they're not playing this year and
for very good and obvious reasons.

They headlined the Barcelona Ukulele Festival this year and I loved them both as musicians and as people. Being from Liverpool myself, originally, we hit it off straight away. They're both consummate performers and their CD accurately reflects their current set. All I can add is Voh oh oh dee oh doh! ;)

Can't find any info on how to order their CD. How'd you get it?

Top Bottom