Rediscovering uke love

bynapkinart

Reaction score
Has anyone else not played a uke for a period of months, only to pick it up one day, tune it up, and realize that it is your favorite uke that you own?

That happened to me tonight...I picked up my Johnny Marvin that I really haven't played at all since probably mid-November, when I got my KoAloha. The thing just rocks! I've got to figure out a better way to record it because the sound I get in real life is even better than in the vids I recorded months ago. I need to record more videos, too, but man I just can't get over this uke!!

Complimentary picture:

P8230026.jpg

Has anyone else had this experience??

Has anyone else not played a uke for a period of months, only to pick it up one day, tune it up, and realize that it is your favorite uke that you own?

That happened to me tonight...I picked up my Johnny Marvin that I really haven't played at all since probably mid-November, when I got my KoAloha. The thing just rocks! I've got to figure out a better way to record it because the sound I get in real life is even better than in the vids I recorded months ago. I need to record more videos, too, but man I just can't get over this uke!!

Has anyone else had this experience??

Can't say as I have... But if you'd like to send the Johnny Marvin to me to play, then I can have that experience!

But I will say that I find it rare to pick up a uke I haven't played in months and not felt like I was welcoming an old friend.

-Kurt​

Yes, I've also found how much I enjoy an uke that might not have received enough attention from me.

Sometimes, we just need to hear and play a different uke every so often. .....or maybe I have too many ukes?:)

Top Bottom