New Koaloha Uke

Peterjna

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance. This is my first uke. The uke is being shipped from Oahu, and is being shipped to Cali. Does it come packaged well with a temporary humidifier? I am a little worried about the drastic humidity changes. Never received a package from there, so I am assuming it may take awhile. Also should I transfer the uke straight to my hard case with the humidifier, and let it soak for awhile before I start playing it?

Who is shipping the uke? It may make a difference in the packaging, but chances are if you're buying a New KoAloha from a dealer, it will come packed very well.

Depending on where you are in California, the humidity levels may not be so different. In any event, leave the packaged instrument alone for about 24 hours, to let it acclimate (They can get pretty cold during shipping), then open it. Have the humidifier ready, tune up and play the uke, then let it sit for a few hours in the closed case. Repeat. it could take as long as a week for the new strings to finish stretching.

The most important part is that you really enjoy your instrument. So play it often, and play it in group settings.

Enjoy the KoAloha - mine is Special, and I suspect yours will be, too.

-Kurt​

Best to check with the shipper on how your uke was shipped and with what accessories.

Yep, enjoy your Koaloha - I adore mine

KOaloha for a first uke wow! Nice! your are both smart and lucky.

Be sure and post some pic's when she arrives! Congrats!

Mine arrived in less than a week. I live in CA, too. It was very well packaged & I just eagerly opened it and started playing~ no problems!

Congratulations!

It depends on who shipped it and how. I've recieved ukes in as little as three days from HI to TX.

In very hot or cold weather let the package stabilize for a few hours before opening it - a very sudden change in temperature is the real short-term worry. Humidity is more of a long term thing, it takes wood a while to dry out. However, do remember that even if you are in a fairly damp part of California air conditioning and heating dry the air inside the house out.

Keep the uke in the case with a humidifier when you're not using it, otherwise don't worry about it. (Sometimes people think they shouldn't play on dry days, etc - that's silly.) If you're playing it as often as you should :) then just check the humidifier when you put the uke away for the night and refill it when needed. Here in TX in the winter my humidifiers are good for about a week before they need to be filled.

John

Thanks guys for all the advice! I got mine from Easy Music Center in Oahu. They were the only vendor to get the tenor uke that I was searching for. No one had the tenor 4 string in stock. They must have pulled some strings for me. Should be arriving in the middle of next week. Can't wait!

Give the strings a real good stretch. The worth clears take a little while to fully stretch out. It should ship with a decent case so you won't lose much moisture during shipping.

Enjoy, I love my KoAloha. I gotta say though, I am glad it was not my first Uke, because, I appreciate it that much more, knowing how special it is.

Well???

Has it arrived yet?

Thanks guys for all the advice! I got mine from Easy Music Center in Oahu. They were the only vendor to get the tenor uke that I was searching for. No one had the tenor 4 string in stock. They must have pulled some strings for me. Should be arriving in the middle of next week. Can't wait!

Top Bottom