Come together

Now, this I LOVE!!!

Lyrics don't have to mean anything do they? I royally screwed up by forgetting the words,
but I don't think it matters for it is all about melopoeia, rhythm, alliteration, rhyme, assonances,
onomatopoeia ( cor those are alot of big words mate )

The song's history began when Lennon was inspired by Timothy Leary's campaign for governor
of California titled "Come together, join the party" against Ronald Reagan, which promptly ended
when Leary was sent to prison for possession of marijuana. It has been speculated that each verse
refers cryptically to each of The Beatles (e.g. "he's one holy roller" allegedly refers to the spiritually
inclined George Harrison; "he got monkey finger, he shoot Coca-Cola" to Ringo, beating on a bongo
got a blister on his thumb; "he got Ono sideboard, he one spinal cracker" is obviously about Lennon himself;
and "got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see" refers to Paul); however, it has also been suggested
that the whole of the song has only a single pariah-like protagonist... Lennon himself, and he was painting
another sardonic self-portrait.

Me??? I just think it is lovely sounding gibberish and doesn't have to mean anything.

Top Bottom