Collings UT2-SB Tenor Uke for sale on eBay

That is a beautiful uke. $1500 BIN isn't a bad price on it. Now if only I had that kind of money sitting around...

thanks Kimo...na, no interest at all mate. :p

you know, Collings have the nicest finish options of ANY builder on the planet...they are simply jaw dropping. The vintage aesthetic of this one is gorgeous

Never liked that sunburst look on a guitar but on a Uke it's just wrong. Just seems like a way to ruin perfectly good wood.

Never liked that sunburst look on a guitar but on a Uke it's just wrong. Just seems like a way to ruin perfectly good wood.

Hmmmm. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I think that it looks fantastic, incredibly handsome. And the Collings mahogany ukes are the best sounding ukes that they make, IMO.

I have a Johnny Marvin that has that finish and I will say I like it much better when it is beat up and antiqued...don't know if I would buy it new but I think the Marvin looks killer. Maybe if I'm around in 80 years I'll really love this Collings finish too!!

I really like Sunburst. Brad Donaldson is making me a mahogany sunburst tenor uke

The sunburst style of staining is one of the oldest and most popular. I think it was created to hide blemishes, at first, and it caught on. Now, it's just a matter of taste. Don't be so critical, golly!

Actually, I love this sunburst too. I wouldn't want it on all my ukes but I'd love to have at least one....especially this one! I also like Pohaku (sp?) sunbursting of his Mahogany ukes -- his a bit more subtle but I like a lot as well.

Phew, I thought I was the only one with that opinion! I love the look of natural wood.

Top Bottom