So you think you can uke?

Starby

Reaction score
So someone just tweeted this link to me (with that rather aggressive "so you think you can uke?" tagline which made me think someone was mocking me at first...) and figured I would pass it along to you all!

http://caamedia.org/blog/caam-events/2012/02/02/calling-all-wannabe-ukulele-stars/

It says:

The winner will take center stage for an once-in-a-lifetime moment and perform one song before Jake Shimabukuro.

CONTEST RULES:

1. Create your own audition song video and upload it to YouTube.
(tag it Ukulelestar and CAAM. If you’re on Twitter, #Ukulelestar)
2. The song must be originally written by Jake himself.
3. Email the link to jakecontest [at] caamedia [dot] org with your name and phone number. All entries must be submitted by midnight on February 20, 2012.

That’s it! Our panel of esteemed judges will then select five finalists for the final round of voting and that is when we turn to you, the YouTube community, on February 20-26, to help us choose the winner!

We’ll announce the winner on February 27, 2012.

Go for it, Sarah, but do not neglect your chance of winning a uke signed by him in the meantime.

So someone just tweeted this link to me (with that rather aggressive "so you think you can uke?" tagline which made me think someone was mocking me at first...) and figured I would pass it along to you all!

http://caamedia.org/blog/caam-events/2012/02/02/calling-all-wannabe-ukulele-stars/

It says:

The winner will take center stage for an once-in-a-lifetime moment and perform one song before Jake Shimabukuro.

CONTEST RULES:

1. Create your own audition song video and upload it to YouTube.
(tag it Ukulelestar and CAAM. If you’re on Twitter, #Ukulelestar)
2. The song must be originally written by Jake himself.
3. Email the link to jakecontest [at] caamedia [dot] org with your name and phone number. All entries must be submitted by midnight on February 20, 2012.

That’s it! Our panel of esteemed judges will then select five finalists for the final round of voting and that is when we turn to you, the YouTube community, on February 20-26, to help us choose the winner!

We’ll announce the winner on February 27, 2012.

haha Thanks guys, but I posted it so OTHER people could see it and do it! I can sing but I can't really PLAY and this is what this contest is about! Plus the only Jake song I know is when he plays Bohemian Rhapsody... and I can barely strum! haha -Somebody do it!

Top Bottom