New Stagg Vintage Tweed Soprano case on the 'Bay

pahu

Reaction score
My Ohana PK-25 fits perfectly in the case, and my Kala KA-P fits very snugly. Someone on the German Forums fit their Koaloha Soprano Pineapple in one, but the sides seemed a bit wide for the case.

Also curious about the alteration- My only alteration was lowering the neck support by about a half inch, since whenever I closed it, it seemed like the neck was getting completely squashed.

I have this same case for my Martin soprano. I had to lower the neck support also-otherwise no problems-very happy with the case!

Is yours a new Kamaka pineapple or vintage? I've been wondering if my 2011 HP-1 would fit in one of those - what did you have to do to make it work?

Mine is a Vintage Kamaka..the neck rest is attached with 4 screws..take out the screws and the neck rest comes cleanly out of the case. Remove a little of the foam FROM THE BOTTOM of neck rest(mine needed about 3/4 inch removed) and re-attach. The excess fabric can be tucked underneath or cut off.

Last edited:
Just ordered one for my late 50's Kamaka. The guilt I have over it being in a gig bag has been killing me

Just bought another one from that link - I already have one for my vintage Kamaka Pineapple & might just put my 20's Martin in the new one. Like others, I had to cut down the neck support for the Kamaka, but its a great little case at a great price.

Mine is a Vintage Kamaka..the neck rest is attached with 4 screws..take out the screws and the neck rest comes cleanly out of the case. Remove a little of the foam FROM THE BOTTOM of neck rest(mine needed about 3/4 inch removed) and re-attach. The excess fabric can be tucked underneath or cut off.

Thanks for the info. I just may give this a try!

The case fits my Mainland cedar/rosewood pineapple like a glove but my Kamoa E3-P pineapple is too deep and the top won't close.

Mine came today... I ordered the pineapple one.. it was clearly pineapple in the picture.. what i got was one for a regular soprano. UGH

I ordered from the link in the OP. I contacted the seller but have not heard back yet. I'll let yall know what happens in case anyone else has the same problem.

Last edited:
Update: The seller got back to me and said they checked their stock and found all the cases were figure "8" shaped now. They are sending me a return label and are contacting the manufacturer to see whats up. The case is nice though, it just wont fit my pineapple.

Last edited:
Mine came today... I ordered the pineapple one.. it was clearly pineapple in the picture.. what i got was one for a regular soprano. UGH

I ordered from the link in the OP. I contacted the seller but have not heard back yet. I'll let yall know what happens in case anyone else has the same problem.

Got the same one, but... my Donaldson Vintage-S fits the figure 8 well, so I'm keeping it.

Update: The seller got back to me and said they checked their stock and found all the cases were figure "8" shaped now. They are sending me a return label and are contacting the manufacturer to see whats up. The case is nice though, it just wont fit my pineapple.

Thanks for the update! And here I was thinking about ordering one for my pineapple. Guess I'll just be happy with what I have :)

I'm away for a couple of days and so will be shipping this back next week. I hope I get my pineapple. It is a good case. I'll keep y'all posted

I had the same problem. Personally, I think it's a bait-and-switch.

I had the same problem. Personally, I think it's a bait-and-switch.

Don't go down that path with this particular eBay seller. Butler Music/P-Hill are an established brick & mortar music store in Butler, MO. As well as selling locally, their eBay store comes pretty highly recommended by lots of eBay customers & I first heard of it from a fellow musician whose purchased MANY Washburn guitars from them. The seller said that the boxes were mismarked by the distributer.

It appears that the seller is making appropriate effort to return the $$ or provide the Pineapple case to any of the buyers who request it; in my particular instance, I already have one of the Pineapple cases for my vintage Kamaka & the standard case they sent fits my Donaldson Vintage-S well, so I'm keeping it.

Top Bottom