Eddie Vedder’s DeVine tenor ukulele is getting a little TLC

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
After eight years, Ed's uke is ready for a little tune up.
This week I will be doing a little repair work on his uke. Here are a few pictures of the uke and if you want to see more and follow the repairs, you can see them on my Ukulele blog.
eddie-vedders-ukulele-in-case.jpgeddie-vedders ukulele-front-backlit.jpgeddie-vedders ukulele-top-worn.jpg

oh yes, thanks Eric. This is awesome...a bird's eye view on one of the world's most famous ukes. Will be following this for sure. Man it's copped a good spanking over those 8 years, can't wait to watch the TLC flow mate, cheers :)

Very cool! Love the battle scars. So do you give him a loaner while his uke is in the shop? :D

Love seeing this! Please keep us apprised of the other work you are doing on it.

Since your the builder I imagine there is a feeling of satisfaction to see how worn it is. He has obviously been playing the heck out of it. too cool, thanks for sharing

Its got to be exciting to fix up a player uke that performs in front of thousands. I definitely will follow your work here.

How much restoration are you going to do?

I assume the sticker is staying. So will you refinish the entire top around that?

The restoration will consist of removing the bridge, doing a little work to the bridge, repairing a couple small cracks in the top and that's about it. He wants the finish left as is. Its starting to resemble Willie Nelson's old guitar.

I doubt he would ever sell this one as it was a gift from his friend and band mate Mike McCready.

Specs... Quilted maple back and sides, cedar top, kasha bracing, koa binding and a big "J" sticker on the back... still not sure what that represents.

Aloha Eric,
Thank you for sharing..I only can dream to have or play your ukuleles..still I haven't even seen one yet..
MM Stan

I know it's Eddie Vedder, but it's still quite jarring to see a sticker on such a beautiful handcrafted instrument.

Top Bottom