Remarkably clean Martin Concert!! Seeing is Believing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This uke has been SOLD! Thanks very much!
BodyX4.jpgButt.jpgFull.jpgBackHeel.jpgHeadstockFB.jpg
Ernie

Last edited:
Does it come with a case? Also, have you read the sticky regarding selling ukuleles on the UU Marketplace? You should follow the guidelines therein.

Last edited:
wow, MUST HAVE BEN IN A TIME CAPSULE. looks as clean as my KIWAYA.
I couldn't have said it better.

I had been waiting to buy a older Martin; but, finally did last week; so, I'm out of bullets right now.

I've never seen the purfing before on a Martin. It looks like tortoise shell.

Wow!

If you're looking for a Vintage Style 1 Concert Martin, this has to be as good as it gets.

Wow-nicest I have seen...someone please grab it....

Nope- not a refinish, or a re-ANYthing! This one is all original. I do have a very clean vintage chipboard case that came with the uke when I bought it. I dont know if it is original or not. I forgot the case when I was taking the pictures! Maybe I'll add a pic the this thread.
Suzukhammer- I quite frequently regret not being Warren Buffet.
Whendogssing- I have read the guidelines when posting previously, but maybe I need to review them. How have I erred?

Where's the finish checking you normally see in an instrument that old? Not saying it is refinished but it sure looks perfect. If that finish is original then that is one nice uke you have there. Nicest looking Martin finish wise then I've seen in quite some time.

Nope- not a refinish, or a re-ANYthing! This one is all original. I do have a very clean vintage chipboard case that came with the uke when I bought it. I dont know if it is original or not. I forgot the case when I was taking the pictures! Maybe I'll add a pic the this thread.
Suzukhammer- I quite frequently regret not being Warren Buffet.
Whendogssing- I have read the guidelines when posting previously, but maybe I need to review them. How have I erred?

re: How have i erred?--Ernie, somebody got burned here or something, and now they want you to post a pic of the date, and your UU name with the instrument in one of the photos. I love this board, but I think that rule is a little overboard, not to mention how quickly someone always tells you that you are doing it wrong. Anyway, I've sold some stuff here before and after that rule took place--it is not that hard to comply, but everyone could be a little more welcoming, and understanding that not everyone lives and breathes on this site. I will vouch for you... I know Ernie is the real deal folks, as I have bought from him over on the FMM board. If it has been in Ernie's collection, you can bet it is nice. The Gibson tenor I got from him was one of my all time favorites. Then I got crazy, and sold it over here to fund some other uke purchase. I saw the same uke come up on Ebay a few years later, and I tried to buy it back, but it went for WAY more than I sold it to the person on UU...Good luck on the sale! If I were feeling like a collector, I'd snatch it up in a minute, but I have a mahogany concert that suits me already.

Hi misteruke- good to hear from you, and thanks for vouching for me.
I reread the guidelines, and it seems the note-with-the-photo thing is a suggestion, rather than a requirement. When I took the pics, it wasn't for this site in particular... Anyway, since I need to photograph the case, I can include a note with one of the pics.
Thanks again for chiming in, and for backing me up. Much appreciated!

I have a 1950'ish 1-C Martin and I thought mine was super clean, but this one tops mine in looks. If the action and sound is anything like mine, someone should grab this baby. I would ask more $'s if this were mine.

re: How have i erred?--Ernie, somebody got burned here or something, and now they want you to post a pic of the date, and your UU name with the instrument in one of the photos. I love this board, but I think that rule is a little overboard, not to mention how quickly someone always tells you that you are doing it wrong. Anyway, I've sold some stuff here before and after that rule took place--it is not that hard to comply, but everyone could be a little more welcoming, and understanding that not everyone lives and breathes on this site. I will vouch for you... I know Ernie is the real deal folks, as I have bought from him over on the FMM board. If it has been in Ernie's collection, you can bet it is nice. The Gibson tenor I got from him was one of my all time favorites. Then I got crazy, and sold it over here to fund some other uke purchase. I saw the same uke come up on Ebay a few years later, and I tried to buy it back, but it went for WAY more than I sold it to the person on UU...Good luck on the sale! If I were feeling like a collector, I'd snatch it up in a minute, but I have a mahogany concert that suits me already.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, just wanted to be sure it wasn't a scam. My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended.

Didn't mean to upset anyone, just wanted to be sure it wasn't a scam. My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended.
I'm not offended.
And I'm not a scammer. I've sold (and bought) many ukes over the years through the Fleamarket site, and am well known there... I've posted here and at Ukulele Cosmos as well... I guess I've bought more than I've sold, judging from my uke closet! I'm not a dealer- I just love ukuleles, am tirelessly curious about them, and want to experience as many as I can before I shuffle off this mortal coil (or to Buffalo, whichever comes first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom