C, E-flat, and G go into a bar

strumsilly

Reaction score
A friend posted this on FB. don't know who wrote it, it wasn't me.

This just in - "C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth
between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp
enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me; I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not
convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional facility."

Wow! That brought a smile to me...

Very clever.

And whose on first?
Yes agreed, very clever. Thanks for posting

I like I like, but first thing on a Saturday morning before coffee I am like the others....a little flat. Perhaps I can sharpen when I know the score.

Cute! very funny

Very good, strumsilly. But the challenge will be to memorize it to tell my buddies at open mic. Thanks for sharing

Enjoyed this~ all that music theory came in handy!

I suppose this is where some musical theory would have shown it's true value.

I "get" the joke, I just don't really get it.

Some people have way too much free time on the hands.

Top Bottom