Super Concert Cases

RatherBeInCabo

Reaction score
Last week I purchased an Ohana CK-35L because I really liked the way it felt and played. I was given a gig bag with it. I decided I wanted to find a hard shell case for it and have come up empty handed.

Anybody have any ideas if a hard shell case is made for a super concert?

Thanks,

Marc

My Kanile'a SuperConcert came in a Uke Crazy styrofoam hard case (it is a tight fit, put headstock in first). I now keep it in a concert sized Fremont rectangular concert case (easy fit). My uke is about 25.25 inches long.
I have a concert sized Uke Crazy hard case with woven texture, and it is too small for my super concert.
–Lori

Last edited:
My Kanile'a SuperConcert came in a Uke Crazy styrofoam hard case (it is a tight fit, put headstock in first). I now keep it in a concert sized Fremont rectangular concert case (easy fit). My uke is about 25.25 inches long.
I have a concert sized Uke Crazy hard case with woven texture, and it is too small for my super concert.
–Lori
Thanks Lori :)

I looked up the Fremont concert case and it does say that it fits long necks. Gonna get me one of those.

Marc

When I bought a Koaloha Superconcert, it came from MGM with an Oahu concert hard case (the same koolau hard case). It fits the body and nech perfectly. The Koaloha SC don't fit ona a Ukecrazy concert case, or in a fremont concert rectangular hardcase (I have both with another ukes). Another possibility is a regular tenor hard case, with some extra space to the body.

When I bought a Koaloha Superconcert, it came from MGM with an Oahu concert hard case (the same koolau hard case). It fits the body and nech perfectly. The Koaloha SC don't fit ona a Ukecrazy concert case, or in a fremont concert rectangular hardcase (I have both with another ukes). Another possibility is a regular tenor hard case, with some extra space to the body.
Thank you for your response. I will measure the length of my Ohana SC when I get home tonight to check it against the dimensions of the Oahu case. Looks like it should fit. I am a bit leary of the Fremonts based on some posts I have seen here.

thanks for the heads up,where to get these? my Koaloha is in desperate need of one.

What might also work is the tweed tenors cases. They seem too tight for tenors so might be a little loose or perfect for a little wide concert body.

The Steady hard gig bags at Uke Republic work on a Kanilea superconcert. They're halfway between gig bag and hard case. The neck cutout was too shallow on my Oahu case, the uke wasn't sitting flush in the case, but rather resting on its neck. The Steady also holds humidity. It's a tight fit at the headstock, like all the concert cases would be, but you could always size up to a tenor. The neck padding is moveable, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom