All of me - Little Dude Little Guitar

phobkirk

Reaction score
Hi,

Will got a Ukulele just after Christmas, he had one lesson from a great Ukulele teacher, who suggested he play this Jazz Standard. Will was supposed to just play the chords I think - keeping simple time. However Will decided he wanted to play the melody as well - this involved changing some of the chords in the music he was given (page from real book) as they didnt include notes from melody, and generally jazzing it up a bit.

The result is this http://www.youtube.com/user/phobkirk2?feature=mhee

Will has played guitar for a few years now, but the Uke is getting a bit of attention now I think partly because it's a fun instrument, but also possibly because it lacks all the rules associated with Classical Guitar.

Enjoy.

Comments please... especially any handly Uke specific hints and suggestions for next jazz standard to tackle. :)

Paul

Last edited:
Wow, very impressive. You know I have been working on a piece for months and the hardest thing is getting the timing right. Will is a very talented young man.

Wow. Will is really talented. Make sure he has a great ukulele teacher.

Matt Dahlberg does skype lessons.

Paul, that was great! Like roxhum, I work on a song for literally months before I can play it for other people, let alone You Tube!

Top Bottom