Shipping Ukuleles

myrnaukelele

Reaction score
Sorry- I just need to vent. What's with these folks who refuse to ship to Alaska and Hawaii??!!?? I'm ordering a uke for my hubby (who is really wanting to learn to play music). They will only ship to the lower 48. What's up with that? People - USPS delivers to all 50 states!
OK- just had to get that off my chest.
I really sympathize with all you ukers in other countries - getting ukes shipped from the US can probably be a hassle and is no doubt quite expensive.

That sucks, but the people you ordered from can't be the only people who sell ukuleles. I think that some of the UU members who sell ukuleles (like Mike at Uke Republic and Mim) will ship to Alaska. PM them and see if they sell or can get the ukulele you want.

You are right - many of our UU vendors will ship here and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I should never have posted this. How do I delete it?
I was upset because I wanted one of those sparkly black Makala dolphins and after finding two (on two different sites) and getting all the way to the check out cart I found out they wouldn't ship to me.
Good lesson learned- never post something on a public forum which you will regret later.

Click on the Edit Post button and replace everything with the word 'love'.

edit: or with the questionf: "Who will ship this particular ukulele to Alaska?"

Thanks for the info ukehippo. I see you already have two black Makala dolphins. I'm sure I will find just the right sparkly black Makala dolphin for my hubby and get it shipped here to boot lol! Love~

That's not quite true: some of the vendors specify Continental US when they themselves fulfill the shipment. That is because Amazon sets the shipping costs, so because parcel post is more to AK and HI, they decline to ship outside the Continental US as it ships at a net loss. However, one vendor does ship VIA fulfilment by Amazon, and since Amazon is covering the shipping, they probably ship to AK. THe only issue is, the color is not black sparkle. But you do get this Dolphin.

When I read the original post, it didn't look like you were railing against all vendors, just the ones who won't ship outside CONUS.

Many vendors will ship to AK & HI if you pay the additional charges - sometimes you have to contact them through customer service (assuming they have such a department) to make arrangements, rather than through the regular on-line shopping cart.

Beware places that either don't have a phone number, or have a generic answering message at the phone number regardless of what time of day you call.

-Kurt​

Just for the record~ I was able to find a black sparkle Makala dolphin on eBay that will ship to AK so it's all good.

Top Bottom