I am new here!

Mike-on-Uke

Reaction score

I'm a guitar player that just started playing the ukulele about two months ago. Needless to say, I now have the ukulele bug and just can't put it down! A short time ago I was diagnosed with melenoma (skin cancer) on both my legs. I wrote this song while waiting for my surgery.

Aloha, E Komo Mai to the U.U. Mike!

Great composition & playing! Nice vocals, too! I really enjoyed it! Your guitar playing has obviously carried over to the uke. I'm sure you know what G.A.S. is ... before long, you will be afflicted with U.A.S. as well! Hahaha!

You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Godspeed.

Malama Pono,

Kimo

Camsuke and Kimo, Thanks for the kind remarks and well wishes. I am laid up at the moment recovering from surgery and have been entertaining myself by playing the ukulele. Oh, and yes, I already have U.A.S.... I have a new tenor Kamaka coming any day now. My wife is getting it for me for my birthday. She is also the vocalist in the video. We have been married for 30 years and have always played music together.

Aloha Bruddah Mike!

Brah, A'ole Pilikia(You're Welcome) - you deserve the compliments. Hahaha! You've ALREADY been afflicted with U.A.S.!!! Sweet birthday present! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your wife is a sweetie pie - she chose a really nice uke to get you!

You and the Mrs. make a great couple and wonderful MUSIC together! I can see why you both have been married for 30 years!

I look forward to you posting more videos in the near future with your new Kamaka HF-3 tenor, can't wait! You can't go wrong with a Kamaka uke. So much history!

Keep a positive attitude, make healthy lifestyle changes, and continue learning and playing the uke and making music with your soul mate. God will pour His favor over you and will rid your body of melanoma. Trust in Him and embrace the good things He has in store for your future.

Malama Pono,

Kimo

Welcome Mike,

Another guitarist bites the dust... LOL

Great video, instrumentals and vocals!

BTW, we have a long-standing tradtion at UU - because your name is Mike you have to begin selling, manufacturing, or setting up ukueles. I know you're new and all so we'll give you six months to get that enterprise started... (Just kidding, of course.)

John

"Another guitarist bites the dust"
John, You are right... Since I started playing the ukulele, I haven't touched my guitars! What is it about them that makes them so much fun to play? I really can't put it down!

I thought I'd post a song I wrote on guitar.... Happy Valentine's Day!

Top Bottom