A video for you...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
After a long period of not shooting stuff I loaded up a much requested video of making a form/mould. For some reason I cannot figure the video jumps and judders in places. This occured in editing and is a fault of the free Movie Maker program I use. However I have managed to do some speeded up sections that along with heavy editing, trim 36 minutes of footage down to six and a half... I've also recorded again my version of Going To See The King to open and close the movie along with a tribute to Rev Gary Davis on the 4x speed sections. I hope you like it :

I have forgotten many of the titles of those old blues and ragtime numbers I played when I was a kid... I'm not sure but I think I may be playing Buckdance but just can't recall - it's in the key of F on the guitar, C on the uke where i prefer to hear it. Interesting enough, Davis's style works very well for the ukulele because he was no respecter of the alternating bass - if he wanted to go up the neck and play just the first 4 strings he went for it. My childhood inspiration for playing guitar - so glad I got to see him play a year before he passed away. I hope my little uke tune dedicated to him honours my debt to his influence on my playing and my Faith.

Amen, to that sentiment. From the late sixties on he was my standard. Glad you mentioned how well his style works with ukulele. If you start that thread for the daring, outside of this sub forum, I'll subscribe!

Thank you for this video. As a new builder, my first tenor form was not too good. Your tips and ideas will help me next time.

Tom

Thank you Pete. I appreciate your sharing this..

A very useful video. Thanks for making the effort to share with the forum. I will be building one of these this evening. Thanks again

Top Bottom