Grandfather's Clock

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's yet another improvisation. This song works really well for adding some blue notes to. If you like the tune, you can download a free tab of a more polished version from my website.

Aloha Ken,
Sweet man...perfect for this early morning here..enjoyed it....what brand of uke is that? Thank you .....happy strummings..
Loved your page too..wow thank you for sharing your tabs too.. started with
wild flower and grandfather clock tabs.. also your you tube posting top right
message ...only for ukers, not trading sub for sub hee hee....:):p

Last edited:
Beautiful and Beautiful sounding you make it sound..must have set you back a pretty penny....congrats on the new ukulele....
was having fun with your tabs and embelishing and being creative with your arrangement....great for learning...I like to always
play around that area...0210 mahalo nui again...Stan

Beautiful and Beautiful sounding you make it sound..must have set you back a pretty penny....congrats on the new ukulele....
was having fun with your tabs and embelishing and being creative with your arrangement....great for learning...I like to always
play around that area...0210 mahalo nui again...Stan

Thanks Stan. I have actually had the Howlett uke for a while now. I did a review on it way back in 2009.

Didn't know you had that uke that long...Thank you for the video...it sounds really nice..love that IZ type strum about 5:30 in the video....you kept that baby in great condition...betcha that uke doesn't leave your house.. he he

Superb rendition of 'My Grandfather's Clock' Ken...you're going all bluesy on us lately mate he he...and we're loving it!!!! And a lovely review of the instrument...mmm...makes me want to order one myself :drool:

Superb rendition of 'My Grandfather's Clock' Ken...you're going all bluesy on us lately mate he he...and we're loving it!!!! And a lovely review of the instrument...mmm...makes me want to order one myself :drool:

Thanks EU. I haven't had much time to do recordings lately and this sort of thing I can do quickly without having to think too much. I am enjoying playing around with the software though.

The Howlett uke I have is a commission. It has best quality koa and is very light (the lightest tenor I have ever held). Just basically koa and ebony. It was made to my spec. Not too expensive compared to fancy Hawaiian ukes.

Top Bottom