Has anyone tried the Mi-Si Cutless pickup?

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
Just saw these today. Has anyone tried one? only for hour of play time per charge but lots of control over tone. Looks interesting.
http://mi-si.com/products/

I use the MiSi system in all my performance ukuleles. I've looked at the Cutless and considered it. Honestly, my main concern is that I would loose the wireless tone control. With packing and unpacking gear over and over, I thought that the silly thing would disappear within the first week!

Mike

That's pretty cool. Haven't tried it, but I've been considering preamp options for my U-Bass that I just bought. I'm curious to know how well this plays with the Shadow piezo pickup I have installed.

My issue would be losing it also I prefer use the Ukulele trio with a equalizer if need be but it always sounds fine straight into a di then into the mixer. The misi sound is quite faithful to my acoustic sound of my ukes

I am in the middle of writing a review for the cutless. I have it in my custom concert boat paddle 5-string. I like it, but it tends to be a little quiet compared to other pickups. The remote thing is really awesome, and if you loose it you are not totally screwed either. you can either live with your last settings or flick a small switch to turn it into a regular acoustic trio.
I have one complaint; the bolt on the inside keeps coming loose and lets a washer rattle. I have to tighten it every few months. beside that it it is really cool

I am in the middle of writing a review for the cutless. I have it in my custom concert boat paddle 5-string. I like it, but it tends to be a little quiet compared to other pickups. The remote thing is really awesome, and if you loose it you are not totally screwed either. you can either live with your last settings or flick a small switch to turn it into a regular acoustic trio.
I have one complaint; the bolt on the inside keeps coming loose and lets a washer rattle. I have to tighten it every few months. beside that it it is really cool

A little dab of nail polish or nail hardener on the threads will fix the loosening nut. I find I end up having to do that on endpin jacks more often than not...

John

Thanks John: You just solved the end pin jack problem I forgot I had...my strap loosens the jack every few months.

Top Bottom