Amusing aspects of YouTube automation

garyg

Reaction score
So I've been putting some uke videos up on youtube and the other day I posted a version of a traditional English ballad called "Blow the candles out". As those of you who post on youtube know, the posting template automatically pulls what it "thinks" are related tags for your video so that it will aid folks who are searching for your song. For Blow the candles out, there were no tags for folk song, or ballad, or song or ukulele, despite the fact that all those words were in the video description. The tags consisted almost entirely of links to Out magazine, Out blog, Out this and that (if you don't know what Out magazine is, google it) and no matter what I did they kept popping up. Took me about five seconds to realize that any song with "Blow" in the title is going to get you to Out magazine which gave me a bit of a laugh. Thought others might appreciate this bit of youtube uke trivia <g>. g2

I think it may have been the word "out" that got all the Out suggestions. Who has the dirty mind that he jumps to the conclusion that it must have been "blow" Hmmm... ;)

I think it may have been the word "out" that got all the Out suggestions. Who has the dirty mind that he jumps to the conclusion that it must have been "blow" Hmmm... ;)

That is a viable hypothesis and I will test it when I upload my next video, but I suspect that it will be rejected <g>. A scientist must be objective about all possibilities! <g> g2

Thanks, I really needed a good laugh and that did it. Nice one :D

Top Bottom