Kamaka HF -3 High G Versus a Tom Guy Bluegrass walnut tenor Low G.

Markr1

Reaction score
Please give me some feedback about this video. I've been playing 7 months now and would like some constructive critics out there. It's not perfect and I know there are a few mistakes but I just played thru them. I also wanted to play these 2 different ukes for you so you can see the difference 1 being High G and the other being Low G. It was done with the Zoom Q3 HD.
Thanks everyone. I hope my playing isn't too bad.

Last edited:
I don't know what is up. I'm trying to post and I can't get it to.

Okay so I give keep trying to copy and paste video and it wont show up.

Hey Mark,

When posting a YouTube video here on the UU, go to "Insert Video" and click on it. Then it will ask for the URL video clip - copy the URL and then paste it in. Then click "OK". That should do the job. Click on "Preview Post" before submitting your New Thread to make sure that the video was uploaded to your Thread.

Hope that makes sense.

Where do I find the Insert button? Don't see it on here anywhere.

When you want to send a PM or post a New Thread, there are a whole bunch of thing-a-ma-jigs above the area where you type. Like the type of Font, Font Size, Text Color, etc. Just scroll over the different symbols or pictures until you find the one that looks like a film strip - it will say Insert Video when you scroll over it, then click on it. Another window will open up and you have to insert your video clip URL then click "OK". It will then go back to the first page that you're typing on. Click on "Preview Post" to make sure that the video uploaded. If it did, then you can Post New Thread or send your PM.

If you hover the mouse pointer over the icon that looks like 2 frames of film, it will show "Insert Video". Click on that and it will provide a space for you to paste the Youtube url. Don't use the embed code, just the url.

Edit: Sync looks ok to me. I'm not qualified to give any playing advice, but I read somewhere that you get a better tone by strumming/picking a few inches above the sound hole...basically between frets 14-20 or thereabouts. I hope I can play that well in a few more months.

Last edited:
I'm pretty dumb to this computer stuff but I did find out how to insert it. For some reason I can't find just the URL of the video. I did get it up but not just the song by itself. Thanks Drewbear for the advice that was one reason I posted it because I wanted people that know to tell me things I'm doing wrong so to change things if I need to. I agree the syncing seems okay after it uploaded. Thanks for all the help.

Mark, when you're in Youtube, there should be a button beneath the video that says "Share". Click on that and copy what gets highlighted. (something like this: http://youtu.be/DcvnmEDRa8I) Paste that into the "Insert Video" space. It helps to either have 2 tabs or windows open in your browser so you can go back and forth between Youtube & UU.

Edit: Here's the video, but you should try to edit your OP. I'll delete this one once you have it there. :)
Edit 2: embedded video removed because it's now in the OP.

Last edited:
Thanks Drewbear.
Mark, when you're in Youtube, there should be a button beneath the video that says "Share". Click on that and copy what gets highlighted. (something like this: http://youtu.be/DcvnmEDRa8I) Paste that into the "Insert Video" space. It helps to either have 2 tabs or windows open in your browser so you can go back and forth between Youtube & UU.

Edit: Here's the video, but you should try to edit your OP. I'll delete this one once you have it there. :)

Thanks Drew Bear, I finally got it. Took me like freaking forever. I appreiciate the help.

Nice job, Mark. Now let's hear the Pineapple Sunday vs Sceptre comparisons... then a cigar box showdown! :)

Top Bottom