Kamoa Hollow/semi-hollow electric ukulelesa

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen these awesome ukes! Problem is that they look expencive though so i was wondering what you think of them and would you buy them? All ive seen so far is videos from NAMM but hopefully they releace them soon not like what eleuke is doing. Lol ill hopefully post some pics but you can see it in action on youtube.

jazz.jpg

*whistles innocently*

Email the folks at Kamoa :)

they are nothing like eleuke. they are steel string and they have electric pickups. I think they were the best new ukulele at NAMM

I love that red one! But I can't decide if I would rather have that or check out one of Kamoa's Kauai built all koa ukes instead. Decisions, decisions...

Fun. Does the Black one on the far right have a Bigsby-like tremolo?

Super cool looking! The bodies totally make an electric look legit. hmmmm an electric.....(UAS tremors beginning!)

Fun. Does the Black one on the far right have a Bigsby-like tremolo?

Oh gosh, I never actually noticed that one had a different bridge o_O
It certainly is a floating bridge (which is how archtops should be)... but tremolo.. MmMmMmmM want!

I WILL own one of those. Don't know when, don't know how, but I will.

Do you know if they are typically strung low G or high G? Or some other tuning all together?

Typically its low-G.

But you can set it up to have any tuning.
I have steel string electric ukes tuned in Baritone tuning (DGBE) and even octave DGBE tuning (DGBE, but one octave high).

As well as low-G.

I've heard people tuning to high-G too.

Since they have an electric guitar style bridge, they can take electric guitar strings. Very versatile tuning options!

Ok the prices are...
The E3Evolve MSRP$599
The Evolve *MSRP $1,098
Expensive but to be expected because of their quality.

I'm guessing that the $599 is for the ones with the regular bridge, and the $1098 is for the ones with the floating bridge.. + whammy bar(??)

Top Bottom