Peterson Stroboclip

steelarts

Reaction score
Following on from another thread on types of tuner for the uke, I'd just like to say a big thank you to Plainsong, Oldphart and Ground Loop for putting me on to the Peterson Stroboclip. What a fantastic tuner!

I just got one and I must say that the strobing seems very sensitive and it makes me go a bit boggle-eyed but the results are out of this world. As well as tuning my uke with it I just tuned my Fylde Orsino guitar and it's never sounded so good. I was a bit dubious about actually needing .1 of a cent accuracy in a tuner but it really does make a huge difference to the quality of the sound that I have never experienced before. Wow!

Thanks for the heads up guys, it's the best £60 I've spent!!!:D:cheers::D

Strobe tuners in general take a little getting used to because no instrument produces a perfect pitch. Almost all instruments have a fundamental tone as well as harmonic over tones.

Add to that the weirdness that is stringed instruments. When you pluck a string, it travels the furthest, and as the tone gets softer the string travels less distance, well the distance the string travels affects tuning.

So you never get perfectly in tune. But you get a lot closer than the other tuners will get you.

Top Bottom