1920s Favilla 'teardrop' soprano

Artista

Reaction score
Hello (JF)-brothers and sisters, I have to start thinning out the 'pack' here and so I have put my beautiful Favilla on ebay yesterday. I will tell you that this teardrop is in VERY good playing condition considering it is approx 92 years old now. When i first bought it some time ago it did not have any serious issues. I did replace the tuner heads screws and cleaned it up (new strings etc) You will like the pics..Im not sure that i can place a link here so all you have to do is to search ebay with keywords like 'favilla' teardrop' location Chicago Good luck all. favilla (7).jpg

Sweet little uke! I rather like it when you can see the fingermarks on the fretboard in an antique like this, it is a sign of love. OK, I have to know...what is the "kissingglue" business about?

Hi there 'Pep' I felt the very same way when i first saw it some time ago. I was hoping that there wasn't anything seriously wrong with it when i picked it up. I was surprised to see how solid it still was. Ive taken good care of it and will miss it.
(Don't tell my wife that i intend to purchase an electric baritone) Ah, the 'Kissingglue' business...i was wondering if there might be a question to that user name after all these years of using it..lol. .
Since 1980, Ive been a HUGE fan of the English New Wave band from Swindon, England-XTC. In their 1999 album 'Nonsuch' the song "Id like that" has the line
"...I'd smile so much my face would crack in two
Then you could fix it with your KISSING GLUE,
I'd like that"
Great song by Andy Partridge by the way. Give it a listen.

How would you compare the sound of this uke to a standard Favilla soprano? BTW, I was wondering about that ebay username too <g>. g2

Hi there 'Pep' I felt the very same way when i first saw it some time ago. I was hoping that there wasn't anything seriously wrong with it when i picked it up. I was surprised to see how solid it still was. Ive taken good care of it and will miss it.
(Don't tell my wife that i intend to purchase an electric baritone) Ah, the 'Kissingglue' business...i was wondering if there might be a question to that user name after all these years of using it..lol. .
Since 1980, Ive been a HUGE fan of the English New Wave band from Swindon, England-XTC. In their 1999 album 'Nonsuch' the song "Id like that" has the line
"...I'd smile so much my face would crack in two
Then you could fix it with your KISSING GLUE,
I'd like that"
Great song by Andy Partridge by the way. Give it a listen.

Hey, I know XTC! In fact looking in my husband's ridiculously large collection of CDs we have 9 XTC CDs. I'm listening to it now, thanks for reminding me of them (and that is terribly sweet by the way). I like that song Greenman too.

Good luck with your auction!

Great to hear Pep,,ive got most of XTCs cds myself. Gary , I wouldnt know if it is comparable to another soprano ukulele just listening to it on a video. This old Favilla still feels good,,sounds sweet and is fun to have around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom