PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Denver Ukefest 2012?

Gadzukes!
02-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Sound off if you're going to be attending!

I'm really looking forward to it, it'll be my first ukelele "event." Has anyone attended one in the past? If so, what kind of vendors tend to show up? I see Mya Moe will be there, but they don't list anyone else yet. I'm hoping to finally get to play with a Kanile'a. :D

Vantage
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Do you have a date? I will be in Denver this summer and hopefully I can make it if it fits the time frame.

krisseye
02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
It's my first as well. Don't know quite what to expect but couldn't resist an event featuring Jake AND Aldrine :D

Gadzukes!
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's all the details on the show: http://swallowhillmusic.org/events-and-festivals/ukefest/

Chris Tarman
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I went to the '09 and '11 festivals, but I'm not sure if I'll make this one. I have a two-week vacation that ends the week before it. I'm 5 1/2 hours away on the other side of Colorado, and I have a job that isn't easy to get time off on the spur of the moment. We pick our vacations in April for July 1st through June 30th of the following year, and can only have one person per shift on vacation at one time. I picked a week in February, since that's when the festival had been every other year... and of course, this year, they changed the dates. D'oh!
I will try to make it for the Saturday stuff... I'm normally off on Sundays and Mondays. I doubt that I'd be able to make it over for Friday's concert even if I can get Saturday off. Plus, it sounds like Friday's sold out now anyway...

ukunuke
03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I'll be there. I went last year and had so much fun I knew I'd be returning. It's a great venue. This years lineup looks stellar. Plenty of vendors, and it's where I picked up my beautiful Kanile'a. I'm looking forward to seeing some UU folks there - don't forget to wear your UU colors! ;)

lizziep
03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Me! I'll be there! I can't wait. And the heavy metal uke off on that Thursday night should be great fun.

ukunuke
03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey - I'm coming a day early just to hit the heavy metal. Hope to see you there.

Me! I'll be there! I can't wait. And the heavy metal uke off on that Thursday night should be great fun.

sukie
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm coming! Once I learned Aldrine would be there and Jake was giving a workshop I got curious. Airfare wasn't too bad, so I'm booked. I can't wait. I'm from Minnesota so this'll be fun. I know 2 other people from my Uke group who are attending. They helped put the bug in my ear, as it were.

jwieties
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Just booked my flight and got the tix. Used to live in Denver and excited to return for such an amazing event!!!

If you've been on the fence about going (like I was) act now. Only 17 tickets left that will allow access to the workshops.

nix
04-05-2012, 03:09 PM
ARRGGHH! I can't believe this falls on the same days as the West Coast Ukulele Retreat in Monterey. I would love to see Jake and Aldrine but I'm already booked and excited about WCUR. Hope everyone going to Denver has a wonderful time. I guess it's a good sign for the ukulele community that more than one great uke event can happen on the same days.

Nix

Chris Tarman
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Ok, originally I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, since I have a two-week vacation earlier in May. But now, it looks like I'll be able to make it for the Saturday workshops and concert. I'll miss Jake's concert on Friday, but hey... a little bit of a uke fest is better than NO uke fest! At least, I HOPE I'll be able to get the day off... since I just bought a ticket to the festival.

Elainede
04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
ARRGGHH! I can't believe this falls on the same days as the West Coast Ukulele Retreat in Monterey.

Nix
This happens every once in a while...wish I knew why Denver changed from their traditional dates....we've had the retreat on the books for almost a year. In any case, I know you're going to have a great time at the retreat....I guarantee it........

bobbysavoy
05-07-2012, 05:49 AM
I've got my ticket and looking forward to it - I just need to figure out how to get there. Anyone in Boulder care to give me ride down (I've got the return trip covered).

SuzukHammer
05-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Can anybody who makes it down there let us know when the 2013 Denver Ukefest is?

Chris Tarman
05-12-2012, 02:38 PM
This happens every once in a while...wish I knew why Denver changed from their traditional dates....we've had the retreat on the books for almost a year. In any case, I know you're going to have a great time at the retreat....I guarantee it........
I think they moved it from February because of the weather... there was a big huge snowstorm last year. That's just a guess though... could have been a venue conflict, too.

Chris Tarman
05-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Can anybody who makes it down there let us know when the 2013 Denver Ukefest is?

I'll try to remember to find out for you.

ukuleleplay
05-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Jake was great, but the venue made it harder to enjoy (over half the audience had to stand, but I did stand close and had a great view of everything he was doing - just would've enjoyed it more if my feet hadn't hurt so much by the end of the evening).

Aldrine really tore the house down the next night, like 5 standing ovations, it was the highlight of the fest for me . . .