Kala Ukadelic Tie-Dye Ukulele

sockmonkey

Reaction score
A quick review of the Kala Ukadelic tie-dye ukulele… Saw it online, can’t remember where but really liked the way it looked… The 60’s and all that… I’ve got some more expensive ukuleles and thought this would be a nice uke to travel with.

Went on ebay to check the prices… Got mine from Cecilia’s Music for $81 and free shipping… It came a couple of days later… Drop-shipped from ‘Kala’ in Petaluma, CA… With factory setup… I shaved a little off the saddle and changed out the strings to ‘Aquila’ Bio-nylon stings… To my ear, they have a fatter more rounded sound.

For $81 it’s not bad at all… No sharp edges on the frets… Feels solid, plays well… Intonation is acceptable and the sound is good, nice projection but not harsh with the Bio-nylon strings.

This tie-dye ukulele has inspired me to learn a few more Bob Dylan songs and maybe some Peter, Paul and Mary too. :)

Thanks for the review. I like the look of this one, too. (And, the black/white checkered one, gotta say).

Got pics?.....

black/white checkered

I want a B&W checked Gibson Explorer Uke to pay tribute to Rick Nielsen, and a B&W Polka Dot Flying V to satisfy my Randy Rhoads hero worship. And a beat-to-s** Uke for those times when I feel like channeling some Rory Gallagher or Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Top Bottom