FS Rare - KoAlana Concert Mahogany with Peghed Tuners & Low-G Worth Strings

Gmoe

Reaction score
Aloha All!

I am selling a new KoAlana Concert in mahogany with black Pegheds Tuners. Yes! That's right!

Probably the only KoAlana that I know of that has Pegheds tuners installed on it. It was installed by the inventer himself John Charles Herin.

As you know the KoAlana line was stopped because of manufacturing issues but this KoAlona is a good very loud sounding instrument.

There was only one issue, a very tiny lacquer defect near the edge of one of the tuners. When the tuners were replaced to Pegheds John repaired the finish to blend in with the original finish.

This uke was played just a few times with Worth Brown Medium Low-G strings and has sat in the a brand new Access Stage-One Ukulele Gigbag for a while.

Also, comes with a humidifier as well as the extra length of the original Worth Brown Medium Low-G Strings so you'll have a 2nd set in the future.

I'm selling because I'm looking to upgrade and I play my other KoAlohas more.

I'd like to sell it for $315 and that includes shipping. Again. Very rare with Pegheds!

Pictures will post later this morning.

Thanks for looking!

Gary

Last edited:
Here are some pics:

01%20-%20koalana%20%28Medium%29.JPG

02%20-%20koalana%20%28Medium%29.JPG

03%20-%20koalana%20%28Medium%29.JPG

04%20-%20koalana%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Looks great with those pegheads! Good luck with your sale! :)

I have the same uke but with genuine Koaloha tuners compliments of Brian at Koaloha.
Good luck with your sale...............................BO.....................

Thanks for the good comments on the Pegheds Snorky and for the kudos on the KoAlana 808boy. Feel free to PM with offers as well. :)

I want to make sure this goes to a good home.

Thanks all!!

Gary

Damn...I wish! That's the exact uke I'm looking for. Too bad I can't make it happen. (I'm not knocking the price, by the way).
Really nice stuff!

Hey, I meant it! Haha.
I'm likely going with a uke that's like $200 cheaper! I was just saying that it's a sweet one.

Thanks Lefty! LOL!

It is a sweet sounding uke and kinda unique to have the Pegheds on it. John Herin did a great job doing the install and since I have upgraded to my last uke. I have to let this one go. Hopefully to a good home of course.

Another user had requested to hear it so I may do a quick test recording and I'll post it here later tonight.

Beautiful Uke, would be very tempting if I didn't already have my KoAloha Soprano.

Well, it sounds better than my free uke that I stole from a 10 year old, after music class... Just kidding! It has a really nice and clean sound. Hopefully it sells soon, for you!

I believe a price adjustment would be highly conducive to the sale considering what the Koalanas have sold for recently.

Thanks LeftyT! LOL! Hopefully this fine uke will find a happy home. :)

I believe a price adjustment would be highly conducive to the sale considering what the Koalanas have sold for recently.
Was going to reply with the same- $200 is what I am seeing with a quick search for the same instrument. Sound file is broken link as well

Again, this is a KoAlona with Pegheds upgrade and case. Pegheds install and tuners are not cheap.

Sound file is not a broken link. Must be your browser because the sound file can play very well for me on Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox from what I've tested.
Test in other browsers please and let me know. I work in IT so I know the link works well. :)

Again, I am always open to offers. Probably send it to the bay later tonight. Mahalo and Aloha!

Last edited:
Weird- I tried it in Firefox and Chrome and got no satisfaction....off to try again to work this crazy interweb. Thanks for the info

Okay by request, obviously bypass the playing, hopefully you can get a sense of the sound of the ukulele. Though it is a KoAlana the full rich sound call out KoAloha obviously the Mahogany gives it a little bit of volume.

KoAlana sound file sample recorded on SD 552

A set of pegheds is a very nice addition to that pleasant sounding uke. File took a while to load, but played fine on a Safari browser.

Good luck on your sale.

"Weird- I tried it in Firefox and Chrome and got no satisfaction....off to try again to work this crazy interweb. Thanks for the info"

TCK- that is weird, you can also right click on the link and choose "save link as" then download the file. Thanks for trying again.

Top Bottom