Billy Don't Be a Hero

Sad song. I don't remember hearing it before. As always beautifully done.

Very nice, John. I remember the song vividly, but this is the first time I was ever able to understand all of the lyrics.

I remember when Paper Lace did "The night Chicago Died". met a couple of folks from Chicago who always started screaming at the radio whenever the song came on - "The East Side of Chicago IS A LAKE!!!"
(I never got their logic; wouldn't the western shore of said lake be the East side of the town?)

-Kurt​

John, I thouht that I was the only person in the world with this on my iPhone. You rock.

I had the 45 of The Night Chicago Died and Billy Don't Be A Hero. Good stuff. And WELL DONE. You nailed the vibe.. very touching.

That's it, Tim. John really GETS the essence of these songs - ie. the best part of them. I had the 45 as well and this takes me back - so did John's version of "From Russia With Love" , which is the best Bond song musically. OK, Goldfinger and Thunderball have Welsh vocal powerhouses killing on every measure and wringing every bit of emotion out of the high notes, but that's another story...

Great, John!!!

Top Bottom