KoAloha fretboard inlay dots material

paeataa

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could tell me whether KoAloha has recently changed the material used for the fretboard inlay dots.

I notice that in the most recent concerts (KCM-00) -- not sure about the pikake, the dots look like they are made of wood, rather than abalone. I could be wrong, but I think the grain and the color of the dots look very similar to the fretboard. They don't look white as I usually see on previous KCM-00 I have seen. They look brown-ish with a paler shade than the fretboard.

Thanks!

If they did change they must've done it extremely recently...I had a KoAloha soprano dated Oct. 2011 and it had the abalone dots.

Last edited:
May of 2008 Concert - White Plastic

I have one, and it is some kind of wood. I like it because I don't care much for the bling.

I like it too. But I'm just curious what they are made of, and when they have started changing the materials.

If they did change they must've done it extremely recently...I had a KoAloha soprano dated Oct. 2011 and it had the abalobe dots.

I refer to the model dated January 2012...probably it is that recently :D

KoAloha changes small things on all of their instruments every year and I feel like they never tell anyone. Not that it's a problem, I just think it's funny.

KoAloha changes small things on all of their instruments every year and I feel like they never tell anyone. Not that it's a problem, I just think it's funny.

Agreed. They should then update this relevant information on their website too.

Mine is brand new, wood, very nice looking

Top Bottom