Question re Restringing?

space

Reaction score
Quick question: is it alright to reuse Aquilas from another ukulele for my new ukulele temporarily, until they come back in stock?
My old uke has Aquilas, but I don't need that ukulele anymore, so can I swap the strings with my brand new uke? They are both about the same size, and I just need to know if it'll damage my new uke, because I don't want my £150 investment warping or something.

It's not going to damage your uke, but you'll enjoy your new uke better with brand new strings, especially a good uke of that price. It will sound better and feel better to play too. But if it's just temporary then I say go for it. Or maybe take the opportunity to try other strings in the mean time? I love Fremonts, many people love Worth strings, others Martins etc. In general, Aquilas are best to use on laminates IMO.

That's perfectly fine. As long as the strings themselves are still good (check intonation after stringing), you're good to go. I recently re-strung my Collings UC1 with a set of Aquilas that came off another uke sometime ago. I don't even remember how old those strings are or what uke it came off of, but they sounded fine once strung up so they will stay on the Collings for the foreseeable future.

No problem. I've swaped strings many times just to see what particular strings sound like on different ukes.
To me it seems that Aquilas and Worths sound basically the same even if used (not worn out) previously.

one advantage is they're already stretched out. I switch strings around all the time, trying to test one type of string on different ukes.

If the strings are very old you may have intonation problems; the strings wear out where the frets are and don't vibrate the same way. But until then you're good to go.

Top Bottom