It's here: my new BI mango tenor!

fretie

Reaction score
Arrived yesterday thanks to Mim's speedy shipping. I'm loving the full sound of the low G tuning and the warmth of the Big Island.

Here's a few pix for your viewing pleasure:

Agree. I am sure I have never seen anything like that before. Truly unique.

Wow, I was thinking it was marble but I know that doesn't make a good tone wood.

Congrats!

Holy spalting, Batman! That's an amazing-looking ukulele! Congratulations on your new arrival. How does it sound?

Wow, I was thinking it was marble but I know that doesn't make a good tone wood.

Congrats!

Bracing and how thin the top is will affect this, of course ...

that is sweet looking. Glad to hear it sounds so great too!

Hey there. Great looking Uke. Can you tell me how MIM set this up? I like a nice low action myself. Is the action low/medium/high? Did you ask for anything specific?

AB

Thanks for all the comments and compliments!

I just got back from the local luthier who put a strap button on for me. He was blown away by the build and sound of this uke. That's wonderful for me to know as I really don't yet have the skills to take this instrument for a full on test drive.

As he said, it projects well, has a very full sound and of course amazing spalted mango which he says, as have others on this forum, is actually quite difficult to build with. He thought the uke was very well finished. He looked inside the body and was impressed with the bracing style.

So all in all, I'm glad I persevered with my search for this particular instrument. There didn't seem to be that many to chose from and cheers to Mim for getting a couple in stock and giving me great service so that I could be the proud owner of this lovely tenor.

Wow, what a strinkingly bueatiful ukulele! Congratulations! I'll bet you'll be the talk of the town, and a babe magnet, too! I've never seen anything like it.

Holy cow look at that thing! It is amazing! Looks like you got a winner, and from your description it sounds like it too! Enjoy!

That's some gorgeous spalted mango! I bet it sounds great too. I wonder if Mim has another one just like it...

That's some gorgeous spalted mango! I bet it sounds great too. I wonder if Mim has another one just like it...

Mim does have another spalted mango tenor, it is actually similar with perhaps even a little more going on in the wood pattern....better email her quickly, may be its gone already....:eek:

I actually said "G.I. Joe!" out loud when I first saw the pics.

Apparently, I'm eight years old and fired up just looking at that Big Island. Nicely done -- she's a beauty.

That is insane! That might be the most unique wood I've seen yet.

Top Bottom