Trent Reznor has a Ukulele in his recording studio

Jimmy Ukulele

Reaction score
I just stumbled over a picture of Trent Reznor's recording studio. The reason why this is very awesome is a little Ukulele lying in front of serious recording equipment ;)

See for yourself here, lower left on the picture:
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/05/process_song/

At the fourth paragraph you can read why:
Building on top of this substructure, Reznor and Ross spent two days recording ancillary melodies on a Moog Minimoog Voyager , an out-of-tune African marimba, a ukulele , and other instruments. “It seemed like a good collision of things, a nice blend of organic and electronic,” Reznor says. They extracted and mixed in the best parts.

I know this "article" is way over a year old, but I couldn't find any reference to this in the forum search, so I though I just post it. Actually I am not very fond of Reznor's music, saw him live with NIN once, which was quite good, but I can't really listen to his stuff on CD/mp3.

Anyways, hope you didn't know yet...

Last edited:
Although it is nice to see a uke in a recording studio, I need someone to tell me Who Trent Reznor is. I've never knowingly heard of him.

It may just be that I'm an old fart (as opposed to being OldePhart...)

-Kurt​

Trent Reznor is the frontman for the group Nine Inch Nails. He may be a bit hardcore for many people here, but he's actually an excellent songwriter and musician. From Wikipedia:
Reznor, in collaboration with Atticus Ross, composed the score for the soundtrack to The Social Network, a 2010 theatrical film about the founding of Facebook. The duo won the 2010 Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score and the Academy Award for Best Original Score for their collaboration. Reznor and Ross also composed the score to the US film adaptation of the novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

For something that may be familiar to UUers, Johnny Cash covered a few of his songs, including "Hurt."

Top Bottom