Mid-range priced ukulele???

Duane

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what price category does a "mid-range" ukulele fall under, anyway, and while your at it what does a "mid-range" uk have (besides price) that gives it that curious title "mid-range". --tks, Duane.

As far as I understand, mid-range ukulele would cost around $200-$300, as the beginner range is around $40-$150. The difference between ukuleles in different price ranges is basically about the material -- tonewood, and construction types.

For example, koa has probably been known as the best tonewood for ukulele and costs around $500 or up. Solid wood ukulele costs much more than laminate wood. And I think mid-range ukuleles are probably made with solid wood rather than laminate.

Also, the size of ukulele has to do with the price as well. A soprano ukulele will always cost less than a tenor with the same wood and construction (of the same brand/model).

Hope this helps.

I think the mid price range is maybe 200-500 dollars.

I would consider mid priced higher then stated before me. Upwards of a 800 or 900 dollars. If you look at the prices of ukes from top to bottom 50 to 3k, I would not stop my mid price range a 400. That means high price ukes are anything over 400? That is quite a range considering the small ranges listed for low priced and mid priced.

I have read here before someone say they consider the k brands to be mid priced ukes.

In reality this is a very subjective question. It all really depends on the person that is shelling out the $$$$. I mean 100 to me today does not mean near as much as it would have ten years ago.

Top Bottom