Jake Shimabukuro - Adele Rolling in the Deep Cover

That's gonna blow up!

Thanks for posting it.

And it's why we love Jake. Wow. Incredible arrangement.

Nice! Can't wait to listen/watch tonight.

Em.. I hate to say it because Jake is truly great, but I don't really like how he changed the groove in the verses, where "starting in my heart" goes and so on. Too much accent on the -ting. It kills the flow of the song IMO, makes it too poppy as opposed to soulful. Not that anyone else would be able to do anything remotely as good as his interpretation, but I was expecting something better from him because he usually sets the bar so high... The rest of the song is fab of course, but that part made me cringe.

Em.. I hate to say it because Jake is truly great, but I don't really like how he changed the groove in the verses, where "starting in my heart" goes and so on. Too much accent on the -ting. It kills the flow of the song IMO, makes it too poppy as opposed to soulful. Not that anyone else would be able to do anything remotely as good as his interpretation, but I was expecting something better from him because he usually sets the bar so high... The rest of the song is fab of course, but that part made me cringe.

I hear what you are saying but I believe he just threw that arrangement together very quickly. I guarantee you it will evolve into something much better over time.

I hear what you are saying but I believe he just threw that arrangement together very quickly. I guarantee you it will evolve into something much better over time.

You're probably right. I'm too impatient, hehe :)

I just heard this for the first time, live, tonight in San Diego (Wednesday).

Awesome! Same for the Glee/Journey piece, or is there another thread on that?

Top Bottom