Mother Ukers: what a fabulous ukulele band.

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Last edited:
Those guys rock it! Totally unexpected stuff... great arrangements.

They're great indeed! All I know is that they're from the UK and that they also sell very good ukuleles :)

Strange, I was watching this video yesterday and it worked perfectly fine, but today it got replaced by a woman playing a red uke? Is it a bug on my youtube/computer or does everyone see the same thing?

Lalou: I still get the MU video when I hit the link in the original post.

Not that a lady playing a red uke is bad, mind you.

I'm impressed, actually, at the amount of depth having that Kala UBass Uke adds to the music. I mean, big time improvement with that uke (especially for bassy songs like The Cure, Lovecats at 3:11)

Last edited:
Word Up!

Good stuff

Ukuleles are in their blood. As well as being a band, Paul Tucker (the long grey hair) runs the Southern Ukulele Store shop in the UK, and Daryl Cursley (flat cap) builds beautiful ukes under the Cursley Ukuleles Brand

Ukuleles are in their blood. As well as being a band, Paul Tucker (the long grey hair) runs the Southern Ukulele Store shop in the UK, and Daryl Cursley (flat cap) builds beautiful ukes under the Cursley Ukuleles Brand
Lets not forget Jonty and his cool vocals, I meet him at the Southern Ukulele Store and he's an all round nice guy.

THat's interesting. Thanks for adding some background information, fellows. I hope they get their CD out, I'd buy it based on what I'm hearing (even though I'm astounded that they could get rights to cover all those songs from varied artists from those greedy record companies).

...and they covered Cameo's 'Word up'...aaaarrrgghhh...best song ever. :)

They're great indeed! All I know is that they're from the UK and that they also sell very good ukuleles :)

Strange, I was watching this video yesterday and it worked perfectly fine, but today it got replaced by a woman playing a red uke? Is it a bug on my youtube/computer or does everyone see the same thing?

You might want check what someone is putting in the punch bowl....

Top Bottom