new tune and pics

The first photo of the three is my favorite. The song sounds great. You guys have an awesome sound. That is a perfect tune to include in a road trip mix.

You guys have an awesome sound. That is a perfect tune to include in a road trip mix.
Thanks! Never thought about "where the song fits" on any of my (or our) tunes.

Cool song! When do we get to see you in a kilt?

Thanks to you too, deach. I would wear a utilikilt in a hot second -- it was a sadistic woman who invented trousers (with that seam right through the crotch) -- but since the one I like starts north of $200 I think it'll have to wait until I win the lottery.

(Saying "I win the lottery" was very hard to do with a straight face.)

Love the music! I liked the first pic the best cause of everybody's faces. I also like the percussion stuff in the others but the faces in the first are really good.

Thanks, Jane! The responses I've gotten so far have been leaning towards picture #1 pretty heavily. I'm torn between #1 and #3 (I really like more of the car in the picture) but #1 is the one with the closest zoom in on the band so it's probably better that way.

Well in all the shots you look like you have a fine time playing the music and the music was all real refreshing. I'd go out of my way to hear it. That market place looked like a great place to be too.

...you look like you have a fine time playing the music... That market place looked like a great place to be too.
I look that way because it's true. A bad day playing ukulele is better than a good day saying, "You want fries with that?"

And yeah, we loves us some Ballard Sunday Market. The best part about it (and the other neighborhood markets like it) is that, unlike the Pike Place Market, there are no tourists. You'll see the tourists at PPM literally running through the place with their videocams pointed at things. I wanna grab 'em and say, "Hey! You're on vacation now! Slow down and enjoy it!"

They're going to be back in Podunk or wherever, showing the vids to their friends and one of them will say, "Wait! What was that?" and they'll have to respond, "I dunno."

Alas, the neighborhood ones are seasonal. But they'll be back next year!

Very cool song Hobbit.

Thanks, Dude! I have got to write more (and soon). We want to do an entire album's worth of nothing but originals.

Thanks to you too, deach. I would wear a utilikilt in a hot second -- it was a sadistic woman who invented trousers (with that seam right through the crotch) -- but since the one I like starts north of $200 I think it'll have to wait until I win the lottery.

(Saying "I win the lottery" was very hard to do with a straight face.)

The leather one selling for $ 666 is you!!!!!!

Look out for one of your hats in the next UCB video.

Last edited:
The leather one selling for $ 666 is you!!!!!!
While I like leather for a variety of reasons (I used to make and sell... let's just call them "toys for adventuresome adults") I really want the one like sal is wearing in the pics. Black denim with the double row of silver snaps.

Great song Hobbit! Your band has a great sound.
Thanks! We've gone through a few changes but putting tuba in for the bottom end was just right. Plus sal is a friend from waaaay back. We were in two different bands together, one an electric "basement butt rock" band called "The Propellorheads" (with me on drums) and one an acoustic, mainly blues band called "Peanut Envy" where I played guitar and harmonica.

You guys sounded really cool. Keep it up.
Thank you. We hope to.

Top Bottom