Has anyone changed electronics in Eleuke.

jackwhale

Reaction score
I have a baritone Eleuke which I generally like. I have had some issues with variation in volume output between each string and rather limited ability to adjust the tone control.
I have the tone control knob turned all the way to bass and this generally produces a pleasing tone. Any other setting produces a more 'clacky' brittle tone. I use a Roland AC-60 and turn the bass control on the amp up and the treble control down. I have wondered whether an external preamp would add more control.

My Pono with MiSi has more dynamic range and the tone controls on the amp seem to function better than with the Eleuke. I don't know what to make out of the difference between ukes.

I recall when I bought the Eleuke last year that another poster had considered changing the electronics on their Eleuke. I can't seem to find that post but I'm wondering whether anyone else has changed the electronics on either a Eleuke or another solid body uke.

I want to emphasize that I'm not knocking Eleuke. I really like its feel and playability.

Top Bottom