It's in the mail....

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
So my MP custom is officially on it's way!

After MUCH discussing with Mike and such we finally agreed on a uke. A Soprano uke, Redwood top, black acacia sides and back, a KK Undersaddle, and a MOP inlay on the headstock.

DSC04203-2.jpg

And it is done!

DSC04199.jpg

Inlay turned out GREAT!

DSC04197.jpg

Rear shot. *Insert Deach's sarcastic joke here* :D

So in case you hadn't noticed... I am just a WEE bit excited! The day I get it I'll have a video (or 2) up playing it and you can be sure for some sound samples as well. Mike has been such a joy to work with and put up with my 35 (yes 35...) emails that just I have sent him, during this process. (Not including the responses!)

This uke will be perfect for the Jazz group I just joined here in college. Soprano ukes are the most fun (IMHO) and definitely get the most looks!

I just thought I'd share my excitement with my favorite website!

What a beauty!

Where you going to college, bro? Still here in the Pugilistic Sound area?

Edmonds CC. Working on my AA then most likely going to transfer to SPU and major in Music. Still up in the air though. (I like it that way! :rock:)

Edmonds CC.

I was hoping you'd say something like that.

So... when you calm down (I'll give it a month or two ;) ) I'd love to have a strum on the little darlin'. Never had a chance to lay my paws on an MP and I hear nothing but greatness about them.

I'll swap ya for a strum on a Glyph and a Dominator, k? :)

I was hoping you'd say something like that.

So... when you calm down (I'll give it a month or two ;) ) I'd love to have a strum on the little darlin'. Never had a chance to lay my paws on an MP and I hear nothing but greatness about them.

I'll swap ya for a strum on a Glyph and a Dominator, k? :)

Sounds great HH! It'd be nice to meet up with a fellow Uker soon. I'll shoot you a PM this weekend. :music:

congrats man. i bet it must've been agonizing waiting for that haha

Well thanks to USPS I didn't get it today... (Nobody home to sign for it)

Tomorrow morning though I get to go and pick it up!! Excitement is officially through the roof!

this just gets me excited. im getting a new uke for christmas. i think its about time i got another one. UAS is awesome, but its hard on my wallet. lol.

cant wait to hear it man. it looks beautiful. have fun!

^wow thats weird we just sent like the same post.

Last edited:
That inlay is really cool...it is just so "yours," you know? I love the idea of making an ukulele a lifelong posession for one particular person. Ukes are less of a commodity than guitars and other instruments (speaking generally, I know there are a lot of special guitars out there too, of course). I think it is safe to say the most of the ukers I meet are really dedicated to the instrument and just love it so much. Congrats again on a nice ukulele.

Mike is awesome, so is your new uke. Beautiful! Don't want to get you down or something, but here's one bit of advice: Be careful with that redwood! My MP tenor has a redwood top too and it is extremely soft. Hit it once with your fingernails and you will have a scratchmark on the top. If you don't have a pickguard installed that is... which I don't have :(.

Man, I absolutely love this thing! I have class in an hour, but after that I will post a vid!

The sound from this soprano is like none I've heard before. It plays like butter.

The ONLY issue is the Redwood. It REALLY is soft and it came with a few scratches on it and I have already put a few more on it. I am going to email Mike for suggestions on it to keep it looking new.

It is absolutely gorgeous though. The woods are incredible, the inlay turned out incredible and the sound is the best sound I've heard from a soprano.

Sorry, now I gotta go play it! :rock:

Top Bottom