How do you carry your Flea/Fluke?

nix

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a concert Flea and I didn't purchase a gig bag since I have so many at home. Once the Flea arrived, I realized that it is too small for my concert gig bags and slightly too tall for my soprano gig bag. How do you haul your Flea/Fluke around? Did everyone buy the company's gig bag? Do you just toss it in your backpack without protection? Do you make custom gig bags out of some really clever material? I would appreciate hearing about what others do.

Thank You,

Nix

I bought mine from Elderly Music with a tenor neck. The gig bag came with it. It's a soft case that provides protection against scratches, but I wouldn't sit on it.

I have a flea/ fluke denim gig bag. I think you should use something for protection, even if it is just a cardboard box. The soundboard can be easily dented or scratched, and I would protect the strings as well with something. If you are handy and can make a drawstring bag, that is what I would do. Maybe make it out of polar fleece so it is padded a bit. If not, maybe wrap it in a small towel and stick it in a pillowcase. Those Fleas aren't cheap, so it is worth it to protect it.
–Lori

I am a new owner of a concert Flea and I didn't purchase a gig bag since I have so many at home. Once the Flea arrived, I realized that it is too small for my concert gig bags and slightly too tall for my soprano gig bag. How do you haul your Flea/Fluke around? Did everyone buy the company's gig bag? Do you just toss it in your backpack without protection? Do you make custom gig bags out of some really clever material? I would appreciate hearing about what others do.

Thank You,

Nix

I use the Flea hard case.

I have the concert flea gig bag (denim) in the closet. If you want it, send me a private message. I'll send it to you (in Arizona) for $20.

IMG_5800.jpgIMG_5799.jpg

I bought the hard case for my flea since it's the one that travels with me.
Definitely worth it.
Now Frodo the flea feels fine on flights.

I use the Flea hard case.

I have the concert flea gig bag (denim) in the closet. If you want it, send me a private message. I'll send it to you (in Arizona) for $20.

View attachment 33866View attachment 33867

Thank you! PM sent. I really appreciate this. If I would have known the Flea wouldn't fit in any of my standard concert cases I would have bought the gig bag when I ordered it.

Nix

I purchased my Flea from Fleamarket Music, it came with the soft gig bag. I also purchased the Flea hard case since I carry my Flea on my motorcycle. I agree the hard case was/is worth it.

Just the denim gig bag. It's survived lots of plane rides. For a little extra padding I'll wrap it in some t-shirts.

Yeah, I just use the gig bag that came with my Flea. Works just fine.

Although I do like the Flea bags better than the Fluke bags.

JJ

I bought my Fluke along with the gig bag. It's been to Hawaii and back and on many auto vacations in that bag.

I use the Flea bag, and when I fly I put other stuff in there - reading material, iPod, etc. - and it becomes my "small personal item," which I keep under the seat. I've heard that hard cases attract more attention when flying (from airline folks trying to get you to check items). But I also take it in the car, and sometimes put it inside a larger bag holding other things. The t-shirt stuffing idea sounds good, especially for the Flea/Fluke's top, which seems to be the only fragile part. And I agree that the Flea bags are better than the Fluke bags, because the Fluke bags are more like . . . bags -- harder to access the contents. (It looks like Magic Fluke / Flea Market is now charging for bags, instead of including them in a sale.)

(It looks like Magic Fluke / Flea Market is now charging for bags, instead of including them in a sale.)

Yes, they are charging for the gig bags now. It didn't seem worth the extra money to get one since I have some extra concert size gig bags at home. Now I know better. I wish someone would make cool custom gig bags for the Flea. Maybe I'll dust off my sewing machine and try to make a corduroy one.

Nix

Top Bottom