Ohta-San's Black Martin

Here on UU (and I'm in this group, too), we fret over, well, the frets, the string height, the wood types, the vibration of the sound board, etc.

Conversely, Ohta-san, one of the best ukulele players in the galaxy, spray paints his Martin with Krylon. And from the looks of it, he didn't even bother to take off the strings first. LMAO.

Thanks for sharing, Samuke.

My SECOND choice for a custom uke would be a black Style 3 like this. Not spray-painted though...

My SECOND choice for a custom uke would be a black Style 3 like this. Not spray-painted though...

I know Chris is a tortoise junky...first choice probably involves lots of it.

I think you do want it sprayed Chris, just not with Krylon...from a can.

Yes, my first choice is a Style 3 with tortoiseshell in place of all the white... on a very light colored koa. Possibly with the decorations slightly enlarged to show up better. Tortoise binding, rosette, parend (the thingy at the bottom of the body), fingerboard stripes and position markers. And I'm thinking of adding the old "kite" headstock inlay as well as a neck heel cap. Also tortoise, of course. I've actually talked to a maker about doing one, and he was pretty enthusiastic. I just need to let the bank account recover from my recent Martin Style 3 and Gibson Uke 3 purchases!
Actually, choice number two would be a toss-up between a black/white Style 3 or a black/tortoise Style 3. I guess that I'd eventually need the other as choice number three. Is there no end?????

Top Bottom