Eleanor Rigby (with my "Scream" ukulele)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
I asked Moogly Moo to paint a ukulele for me featuring the iconic "Scream" painting by the Norwegian expressionist Edvard Munch. I felt the song "Eleanor Rigby" best matched the atmosphere of his paintings. Hope you like my rendition:

Thanks, ukulefty! It's a Kanilea islander and sounds great. I want to use it in future videos!

Thanks, Matt! Really appreciate it! I went over it quite a few times trying to figure out how to strum it!

Great painting job--Edvard Munch and Eleanor Rigby certainly go together, don't they (alienation..loneliness.) And great playing.

Thanks, UkuEroll! Really appreciate it!

Thanks, Bill! Moogly Moo does excellent work!

John, I listened to that piece yesterday, and although I enjoy all that you do I was distracted yesterday. I took the time to really look and listen today. It is excellently done. The art with the lyrics was perfect. I loved how... now I know I don't know the correct terminology but how you accentuated the high notes when you strummed on parts of the song. It was beautiful and perfect for the song. Now I am going to go and try to mimic what you did. Your music is a joy to listen to and always professionally done, but also the way you record your videos often with close ups of you and the uke. You really help motivate and teach us mediocre players. And you make it look easy. So... Thank you.

Very nice singing and playing. The paintings are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

That's bloody fantastic!

Nice one, really really cool version of one of my fav' Beatles songs, and love the Uke, it looks brilliant.

Will the paint stay on the uke, or will it comes off on to clothes, skin etc if and when it gets wet ?

That's a truly interesting uke. I had to take a second look as I thought at first the audio on my computer was playing up until you started playing, so I had to look again :confused:

Nice performance as well.

Thanks, friends! I really appreciate it! Roxhum, I couldn't include any violins or cello in my rendition, but I tried to capture that sense of urgency in the strings in my strumming. It took a bit of experimenting before I was satisfied, but I still wish I had a string quartet backing me. Hey, don't ever refer to yourself as mediocre! Ukerob, Moogly Moo applies a kind of varnish on top of her work, so it's pretty durable and doesn't come off. Tootler, sorry about the silent beginning. I had actually thought about adding some music or something during that part so that people wouldn't wonder what happened to the audio. But I also thought it might be neat just to suddenly start the song like that.

Top Bottom