Last Night Is Over

BBQUKER

Reaction score
Been pretty apprehensive the last couple of weeks as I signed up to play my uke in a talent show at a local church last night. Only done an open mic a couple of times with a much smaller crowd. It went pretty OK as I was able to get through 3 songs (I do more fingerstyle rather than strumming). Anyhow, I often sign off these posts with "sole member of the Wisconsin Rapids Ukulele Group - WRUG). I have yet to meet anyone in this town who plays the uke. So I go on Friday night to see how everything is setup and check out the amp situation and play a little. I left after about a half hour. So I arrive on Saturday night and I look at the schedule and they have me down as "Eukelele". What? Turns out that after I left, no one could figure out what instrument I was playing. They spent several minutes going through every possible string instrument and finally settled on Eukelele (that was their spelling). Well at least a few people now know what the ukulele is.

Dan (still the sole member of WRUG)

Been pretty apprehensive the last couple of weeks as I signed up to play my uke in a talent show at a local church last night. Only done an open mic a couple of times with a much smaller crowd. It went pretty OK as I was able to get through 3 songs (I do more fingerstyle rather than strumming). Anyhow, I often sign off these posts with "sole member of the Wisconsin Rapids Ukulele Group - WRUG). I have yet to meet anyone in this town who plays the uke. So I go on Friday night to see how everything is setup and check out the amp situation and play a little. I left after about a half hour. So I arrive on Saturday night and I look at the schedule and they have me down as "Eukelele". What? Turns out that after I left, no one could figure out what instrument I was playing. They spent several minutes going through every possible string instrument and finally settled on Eukelele (that was their spelling). Well at least a few people now know what the ukulele is.

Dan (still the sole member of WRUG)
Too Funny!!! I sometimes run into folks who have never heard of a Uke.

That's awesome. If know one know what an ukulele is then they can't compare you to anyone. So you must be great in their eyes.

Hey Ukeleleblues. Just finished making the tablet stand from your picture. Looks really cool. By the way, heading down to Georgia this week (St Mary's to see my kid). Where are you you in S. Carolina?

And to ricdoug, if you see I am the person on the Wisconsin Rapids post. The person from Stevens Point did not post any contact info!!! So what good is that? Still looking for local players.

Last edited:
Not that I've been there in a while, but I think he's in the Lowcountry area. There are a lot of jams and concerts at a store in Summerville I think. If were home, it'd be 2 minutes away.

Your far from the only Ukers in Wisc!

Just a short two hours away is the Cheez land Uke Band!!

Hey Ukeleleblues. Just finished making the tablet stand from your picture. Looks really cool. By the way, heading down to Georgia this week (St Mary's to see my kid). Where are you you in S. Carolina?

And to ricdoug, if you see I am the person on the Wisconsin Rapids post. The person from Stevens Point did not post any contact info!!! So what good is that? Still looking for local players.
I'm about 20 miles West of Charleston, SC. My contact info is on our band site http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/contact-us E-mail or call me maybe we can get together downtown chas and play. I just posted on the other talet posting how to program the pedal. It works great!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom