New fingerpicking tab site from Roger Ruthen

itsme

Reaction score
Many of you are familiar with Roger Ruthen's PDF-Minstrel site and the number of excellent tabs offered, with an emphasis on classical, traditional and folk tunes.

He's launched a new site, PDF-Uker, focusing more on pop tunes. Some of the tabs so far include Elton John, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and movie themes like "My Heart Will Go On" from the Titanic.

Anyway, if you're into fingerpicking, there's some really good stuff. :)

EDIT: See update below.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-site-from-Roger-Ruthen&p=1256713#post1256713

Last edited:
I have a suspicion that Roger has purposely separated the sites due to the potential of copyright issues coming back to bite him. At one time he had pop stuff on PDF-Minstrel, but it does make sense to separate it.

Just like youtube, if you get complaints, they can take your site/channel down. So one for public domain material, another for "pop" stuff, and if the latter gets taken down, the former is unaffected. Pretty smart move IMO. :)

I'm going to download everything he's got, just in case. Plus, his arrangements/transcriptions are usually really good. Never know when I might be looking for one of them in the future, even if it's not something I'm interested in pursuing right now.

Thank you for posting and many thanks to Roger Ruthen for a super site.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I love Roger's tabs! You just made my day!

–Lori

I'm going to download everything he's got, just in case.
Ruthen's pop site is long gone now.

Recently a member here contacted me about this and asked if I could send them what I had downloaded.

So I zipped 'em up (49 PDFs into a 2.4meg file). Said member hasn't been back, but I have the file ready to go for anyone who wants it. Just shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll send it on its merry way. :)

Thanks for the tabs!

And yet another thank you! Mucho...

Yes please, PM sent, many thanks.
Camsuke, I've tried to keep up with requests as they came in. Only one so far today and it wasn't you. If you have not already received it, then I messed up somehow and you'll need to send another PM. Sorry.

/he may have had some legal problems already as it had been removed when I looked.

Top Bottom