Koaloha Concert Factory Strings

sweetiecino

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been trying to search the forum for an answer but I have been unsucessful. I was wondering whether anyone could tell me with the factory setup of Koaloha concert, does it come with Worth Clear Light or Medium strings?

Thanks!

I don't know and I emailed them once and asked but didn't get an answer; I chalked it up to they were too busy making awesome instruments!

It's their own blend that they order, that's basically fishing line, as fluorocarbon strings are. Apparently the closest relatives are Worth CMs, and they have an endorsement from Koaloha right on the package. Alan has talked on twitter (@koalohauke) about releasing their own brand of strings, so you could ask him there and see if he sees it while on the late night paperwork.

I dig the Koaloha strings. They have that fluoro sound and catch my fingers in the right way. Martins are doing pretty well too though.

I'm pretty sure that they are the Worth clear mediums (CM). I bought Seaguar fishing leader (the fluorocarbon gages match 1:1 and to 4 decimal places with the Worth strings - draw your own conculusions) equivalent to the CM set and couldn't tell any difference from what came on my KoAloha.

John

Great, thanks guys!! Now I just need to purchase a set of new strings =)

Umm, are you sure the link is correct? The site linked has some Kamakas and Koalohas, but no online ordering and no strings listed.

Yeah, I emailed them. I bought my KoAloha from Bruce, when he was at Pua2. They helped me out with the strings.

Were they Worths, with the Koalohas on the packaging, and the endorsement? Or were they in different packaging actually saying Koaloha strings? I've searched all over the internets and just can't find em. Then again, Svarez strings that were suggested in another thread, can't find those either.

the koaloha strings are exactly worth strings but the gauge may be a few points off from the actual cm sets worth sells. Koaloha does not use package sets to do the ukulele stringups but bulk rolls.

Were they Worths, with the Koalohas on the packaging, and the endorsement? Or were they in different packaging actually saying Koaloha strings? I've searched all over the internets and just can't find em. Then again, Svarez strings that were suggested in another thread, can't find those either.

They were generically wrapped. I believe they actually went to the KoAloha factory to get them for me, so I guess they are not available retail--but doesn't hurt to email them and ask.

Yes if you go to the factory Brian can get you the exact set as I have done for people. I keep telling them to package sets but they are just so involved in other new projects it is difficult.....lol. Worry about ukes first....Make More lol

Resurrecting this thread to ask: does anyone know what is most similar to the low g tenor strings KoAloha uses? I always swore by Worth CHLGHD, and those do sound good, but when I had Brian install my pickup a few weeks ago he put some factory low g strings on my tenor, and fishing line or not, they sound amazing!

I'm the type to load up and buy strings in bulk, so I'm now nervous about breaking a string and not having a backup. They feel a lot lighter to me than my old Worths, so I was wondering if they are like the CMs but those are listed for sopranos and concerts, not tenors.

Is there any reason (other than wasting money) why I should avoid trying a CM low g set as a backup? I always found the CTLG a bit unbalanced, so I preferred the CHLGHD ones instead. But the clarity and brightness of these KoAloha strings sounds so good to me.

I figured I would ask here into see if MGM or anyone else knows the magical tenor low g set before I try to bribe Brian into letting me get some.

I use Worth clear mediums and a wound D'Addario string on two of my ukuleles for low G and am very happy with the sound. One is a Koaloha, but it's a concert. The other is a tenor Mya-Moe. The tenor G is an NYL28W, the concert is an NYL26W.

I emailed this same question to KoAloha (except I asked about their tenor strings). Here was the reply I got:

Aloha!

The strings that come on our tenors are our own set that aren't available for retail just yet. What we recommend is Worth strings.
Please forgive us for the inconvenience, we are working on getting our sets ready for retail. If you have anymore questions feel free to get back to me. Aloha!

Alan "Griz" Tagama
Production Manager
Luthier

Resurrecting this thread to ask: does anyone know what is most similar to the low g tenor strings KoAloha uses? I always swore by Worth CHLGHD, and those do sound good, but when I had Brian install my pickup a few weeks ago he put some factory low g strings on my tenor, and fishing line or not, they sound amazing!

I'm the type to load up and buy strings in bulk, so I'm now nervous about breaking a string and not having a backup. They feel a lot lighter to me than my old Worths, so I was wondering if they are like the CMs but those are listed for sopranos and concerts, not tenors.

Is there any reason (other than wasting money) why I should avoid trying a CM low g set as a backup? I always found the CTLG a bit unbalanced, so I preferred the CHLGHD ones instead. But the clarity and brightness of these KoAloha strings sounds so good to me.

I figured I would ask here into see if MGM or anyone else knows the magical tenor low g set before I try to bribe Brian into letting me get some.

I just bought 2 sets of individual strings (CHLGHD) directly from Worth. Check out there website and email them.

I use Worth clear mediums and a wound D'Addario string on two of my ukuleles for low G and am very happy with the sound. One is a Koaloha, but it's a concert. The other is a tenor Mya-Moe. The tenor G is an NYL28W, the concert is an NYL26W.

Thanks, I placed an order for a set of the Worth CM low g, so when these KoAloha strings wear out I will try those on my uke. I am glad to see there is no harm in using them on a tenor. I still wish we could get more of the "KoAloha" strings though, they sound great, but it looks like the CM is the closest match out there.

Here's a left field Koaloha question, until such time as those stock strings are released... anyone tried a set of t2's on them? I have some concert scale D'addario t2 strings, but wondering if I have to be first to try them. :)

Top Bottom