The Rise (Original Ukulele Instrumental)

Love the original compositions. Wish I could put something like that together. What was the inspiration?

Love the original compositions. Wish I could put something like that together. What was the inspiration?

Thanks! Don't give up though, it takes time and practice, not only to expand your creativity, but also getting used to the song writing process and the abilities of the instrument itself. It's definitely not an easy task. What inspired me to write this, along with basically what has inspired me to write all of my originals, is I want to create something that you normally don't hear on the ukulele, and creating something musically creative and full. Using extended chords (ex. Am add9, or the first chord of this one), different rhythms, meter changes, key changes, finger-picking patterns, strum patterns, etc., you can really make some awesome stuff.

Also, some things that I, and I'm sure other people come up with too, are sometimes by accident. Sometimes it just takes some experimenting with different things, and seeing how they work together, which is what I do sometimes. Although, it does help to know chord families and some music theory. Luckily, you can find a ton of the techniques, theory, scales, key modulation kind of stuff on this website.

I suppose at this point I'm almost not even answering your actual question, but don't give up on trying to make your own music. Also, to say it again, my inspiration was to make something new, and something uncommon to hear on ukulele. Hopefully you didn't get too too bored by my rambling, haha.
I hope this was helpful, even if it was only remotely helpful! haha

Once again, thanks for watching.
-Jason

Top Bottom