Presidents Day Sale: KoAloha Tenor Sceptre

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
I must be nuts to be selling off so many of my nice ukuleles, but I have decided to sell my KoAloha Tenor Sceptre. As many of you know, I will be taking delivery of a custom very soon and I have decided to continue to pare down my wonderful collection. I can't justify having so may ukes. This will make six that I have sold in the past 5 months, all of them fantastic ukes. I can only play so many.

This is strung with Aquillas with a wound low G. It does not have a mark on it, truly mint. It comes with the case pictured. I would also be willing to include my custom stand. I made one of these and gifted it to Papa KoAloha last year after he expressed an interest in my stands. The time that goes into making these is far greater than one could imagine. I have made them in small quantities in the past to try to get the cost per stand down. Even with that, it still takes about 6 hrs of labor per stand to make these, plus the materials. Curly maple, mahogany with ebony accents. At $75 per hr for shop time, well you do the math.

***$875.00 plus paypal fees and shipping CONUS.***

STAND IS NOW INCLUDED!

*SORRY GUYS. THE STAND HAS BEEN SOLD SEPERATELY. IT IS NO LONGER PART OF THE SALE.*

AND NOW THIS UKE HAS BEEN SOLD

KoAlohaSceptre021.jpg

KoAlohaSceptre002.jpg

KoAlohaSceptre008.jpg

KoAlohaSceptre011.jpg

Last edited:
What a beauty!!!!!!!! And with the stand, as pictured, they are a match made in heaven. Great work on the stand-- so perfect for that uke. I'm not in a position to do this financially right now but can only dream. This will make somebody truly happy. Oh I wish, I wish I could. Good luck on the sale.

Beautiful instrument and amazing work on the stand. How does the sound of the scepter compare to your regular tenor? Best of luck on the sale!

Gorgeous uke, dkcrown.

Please help clarify something in your write-up. "I would also be willing to include my custom stand." and another part says. "Let's talk about the stand."

Is the stand included in your price?

And when it says "plus fees and shipping", I understand shipping, but do you live someplace with fees? LOL Where will you be shipping from? Thanks. It's a beaut.

If only I had $900, I'd love to have a second Sceptre!

For that matter, I'd love to have one of those stands! (But not for $450!)

-Kurt​

Gorgeous uke, dkcrown.

Please help clarify something in your write-up. "I would also be willing to include my custom stand." and another part says. "Let's talk about the stand."

Is the stand included in your price?

And when it says "plus fees and shipping", I understand shipping, but do you live someplace with fees? LOL Where will you be shipping from? Thanks. It's a beaut.

The fees refer to paypal, usually 3% of the selling price. I'm just looking to get back what I have into the uke, which is $900. The stand is not included in that price, I would certainly include it for $100.00. It obviously is "Sceptre specific" because of the cradle for the point of the sceptre. Since I will no longer have a sceptre after it sells, I won't have a need for the stand. I would like to see it go to the person who buys it. Besides hanging, there is no safe way to put the sceptre down when you are done playing it, unless you lay it down in the case.

And it looks pretty cool!

Last edited:
Wow, with the stand makes it a no brainer if you have the money!! The Sceptre is such a unique instrument and sounds awesome!!

I know the obvious answer is the ukulele, but I'm afraid I could use an alienware more... I already own a nice Kamaka :(

I'm trying to figure out why this is still for sale even without the stand. The price is right the uke is definitely right. If I didn't have one already this one would have been gone on the first day.

I'm trying to figure out why this is still for sale even without the stand. The price is right the uke is definitely right. If I didn't have one already this one would have been gone on the first day.

LOL... the trick is to catch someone with a major UAS issue but a limited bank account at just the right time! I have a Koaloha concert on its way already, and bought two guitars last month. So far all that has gone the other way is my Martin Style 1. But that went to a good friend at a very special "good friend" price.

I'm so tempted but with having bought about 4k worth of ukes since fall I really can't justify it.

If I remember right I think I bought the pineapple Sunday from you to begin with...

So please someone... Pick this one up already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom