Kamaka Ohta San on eBay

pahu

Reaction score
Sorry if you were planning on 'stealing' this, but they come up for sale rarely and it's going to sell 'way beyond my means...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120862453190
(it's not mine-I wouldnt sell it if it was !!)

anyone know if that pick guard is original or if someone slapped it on?

Hello pahu,
I would love to find a fixer upper like this. Just let me at it. No such luck where I live but who knows what the Spring yard and garage sales will bring.

Hello pahu,
I would love to find a fixer upper like this. Just let me at it. No such luck where I live but who knows what the Spring yard and garage sales will bring.

Since I've been collecting, I have NEVER found a decent 'Uke at a yard sale..but that doesn't mean I'm not still looking!

hey stan, how did it play? I've played the newer ohta san's and think they are awesome. Was this one just as good as the newer versions?
Yup it's original from the factory...My friend had one and loaned it to me for a month....

I can't remember...I know I enjoyed it so much though...that one was a special one with inside the case
cover it had a badge like the stuff on trophys..it said Ohta san model and the number...that friend had two
of them, but to be honest the newer one sounded better...was like 8 years newer..I just heard last month
he sold it for 1100...I knew before how much they originally cost but forgot..not sure but around 1600 here
in the islands..I think..shh between you and me, he got it off ebay, about 2 1/2 years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom